• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Ticket sales way up

We would have gotten a partial plan this year if my family situation with school, work and sports wasn't so impossible to nail down even for just an 11 game plan. Just not possible still for us. That said, more season ticket sales generally means more secondary market tickets which is a lifesaver for me since we don't know if we can go to a game on a given night until about 5PM most nights. The only game I can commit to for sure is the home opener...after that we probably will end up attending at least 10 other games scattered throughout the season.

IF it wasn't for our crazy lives we would have an 11 game plan for sure. Waddell sure is right...if this team can start a buzz IN OCTOBER/NOVEMBER by actually winning then, with the sales momentum already being seen, there is no reason not to expect a pretty decent number of mid-season ticket plan sales.

OK, after looking at their 11-game plans, I am holding off until they offer the mid-season mini-packs.

I don't know if they will change things this year if the Canes are looking like a definite playoff contender, but they seriously devalued the 'mini-packs' starting last season. Basically all you get now from the mini-packs is somewhat discounted tickets. You get nothing else including no playoff ticket priority or discounts and no vouchers for Carolina Ale House or ANYTHING like that. That's all part of the Canes effort to put more value on season ticket plans, which is disadvantageous for someone like me should the Canes be playoff bound, but is absolutely the right thing to do. I'm sure if its clear the Canes are going to make the playoffs come Feb/Mar the Canes will take advantage of the opportunity to allow people without season tickets to commit to season tickets for the next year by dangling playoff ticket priority and discounts.

But the days of food discounts, Eye discounts, season tix holder night access and discounts, and playoff tix priority and access when you purchase a mini plan completely went away last year, making them worthless to me as the discount on the tickets is not very much off the box office prices.

Last edited:
I'm shocked the N&O did not include in the article some comparable stats on the Durham Bulls, Carolina Mudcats, Carolina Railhawks and the DPAC renewal rates over the same time period!!!

:beatdeadhorse5:

I was glad to read this article and even more glad to see that enthusiasm for this team is increasing. Of course, who knows what the future will bring, but I really like Francis' steady style. It may not be flashy, but it is purposeful.

I was glad to read this article and even more glad to see that enthusiasm for this team is increasing. Of course, who knows what the future will bring, but I really like Francis' steady style. It may not be flashy, but it is purposeful.

I think the organization was caught a little off guard with the attendance at some of the events that they held. Both the draft party and, to a lesser extent, prospects camp scrimmage attracted far more people than they were expecting. The draft party was supposed to be limited to the Arena Club and Ledge, but they had to open several sections on either side of the Ledge to accommodate everyone. And they ran out of food and beer before Gauthier was picked. The East Priority Lounge was packed for the scrimmage. Those are good problems to have though.

I think the organization was caught a little off guard with the attendance at some of the events that they held. Both the draft party and, to a lesser extent, prospects camp scrimmage attracted far more people than they were expecting. The draft party was supposed to be limited to the Arena Club and Ledge, but they had to open several sections on either side of the Ledge to accommodate everyone. And they ran out of food and beer before Gauthier was picked. The East Priority Lounge was packed for the scrimmage. Those are good problems to have though.

I went to one of the midday practices and there were close to 300 people there. They had opened one of the concessions and it seemed to be doing decent business.

I think it affirms what we all know- the organization had grown very stale under Rutherford. With the separation of jobs (team GM and hockey ops) and folks with the energy to focus on what needs to be done, along with the change in philosophy from the GMs chair, things are much better now. It's fun to be motivated for hockey again. *shoedrop* Do wonder if RF has done enough this off season to improve scoring and goaltending. Also hope the young d-corps can push themselves further and not hit that sophomore slump.

I think it affirms what we all know- the organization had grown very stale under Rutherford. With the separation of jobs (team GM and hockey ops) and folks with the energy to focus on what needs to be done, along with the change in philosophy from the GMs chair, things are much better now. It's fun to be motivated for hockey again. *shoedrop* Do wonder if RF has done enough this off season to improve scoring and goaltending. Also hope the young d-corps can push themselves further and not hit that sophomore slump.

You make some great points, the two biggest things for me is to see if the goaltending holds up and if the Canes can somehow put together a strong start through that State Fair roadie adventure. It's starting to get old with this team when it comes to starting slow out of the gate and then blaming bad goaltending and the schedule in October for all their woes...something has to change.

There are so many unknowns with the forward crew that I think that actually initially adds to the excitement. Can Rask produce even more? Can Lindholm raise his game? Teravainen unshackled, what does he bring? Stempniak, can he score 20+ goals here? Aho, a 60 point buzzsaw ROY candidate or not even ready for prime time yet? Jordan, can he put a full season together and lead this young team? Then all the questions on the kid blueliners and if they can get better. To me that whole idea of 'a pile of young kids with tremendous potential' is a ticket seller. This team is visibly younger and more talented than we have been in probably forever save for the goaltending. We have a whole big pile of top end prospects who will be in juniors still, some high end DMen prospects in the AHL, a couple of 'maybe' forward prospects in the AHL, our goalie of the future in the AHL now.

This entire season can go either way...we can be a team that is incredibly tough to play against on D with speedy flashy talent scoring more goals than we have in a while and goaltending that is good enough and end up slipping into the playoffs or the D could suffer a sophomore slump, the young talent be too raw and/or unable to deliver the goals this team will need from them and our goaltending could just be too sucky to bail us out most nights.

Either way at least to start this season this team sure looks much more exciting and capable on paper than any team we have iced in a long while. Its going to be a darn long 2 months before Traverse City really kicks off things Sept 16th, and before we see Aho actually play a game potentially in the WC of Hockey (Sept 17th). I hate this time of year!

Last edited:
Look ... WE all know that recent attendance issues had mostly to do with the dire product on the ice, so it's not shock to us that sales got a bump when the Canes actually showed some life. It is however a great shock to all those on the outside looking in. It doesn't fit the narrative, you see.

Look ... WE all know that recent attendance issues had mostly to do with the dire product on the ice, so it's not shock to us that sales got a bump when the Canes actually showed some life. It is however a great shock to all those on the outside looking in. It doesn't fit the narrative, you see.
For, how could they move to Flin Flon, MB if those danged Southerners start buying tickets again?

can you pay monthly for a partial plan? I think they used to offer that but maybe just for full season tickets.

1-866-NHL-CANES

:couch

Or go to the tickets section on the website. You'll see a pop up in a few minutes to live chat with a ticket rep.

You can pay monthly for partial plans. You have to pay 40% upfront though (same deal if you were getting a new full season ticket package).

Back