• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Extend Trevor Timmins

Having just returned from Vienna, when I think of our management team, I can't help but think we are run by a bunch of Antonio Salieries instead of Mozarts.

Molson couldn't put together a great management team in his wildest dreams.

Molson couldn't put together a great management team in his wildest dreams.

Especially since his great grandfather was the one that put together the management team that led to him being born rich.....

This should come as no shock, the stats dorks at Eyes On The Prize believe he's an elite scouting director.

there is no cap for scouting
I want the habs to have THE best in the league

I used to defend the guy but waaaaaaay too many misses in the first round for a top team in the league

That is a good read though.

Actually paints him worse than I thought.

Thought he was better in rounds 2-7...of course GP is not the best way to look at it. Eg. Gallagher should count more than some scrub drafted in the same round.

there is no cap for scouting
I want the habs to have THE best in the league

I used to defend the guy but waaaaaaay too many misses in the first round for a top team in the league

This. He used to be pretty good, but if you ran the same analysis from 2008-2016, I highly doubt we would be top of the league, in fact we would likely be at the bottom.

That is a good read though.

Actually paints him worse than I thought.

Thought he was better in rounds 2-7...of course GP is not the best way to look at it. Eg. Gallagher should count more than some scrub drafted in the same round.

It also counts guys like Chipchura, O'Byrne and D'Agostini that were not good enough to make our team and that we had to let go or else we would lose them on waivers. It counts as a success for him but it didn't do anything for the Montreal Canadiens.

Those are my thoughts on Timmins as well. One of the better scouts available, but not really the best. Unfortunately, people like Mike Futa aren't readily available unless you want to make them the GM.

Back