• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016-17 Premier League Thread

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The season is upon us. Here is match week 1.

Saturday:
Hull v. Leicester 7:30/12:30 CNBC
Everton v. Spurs 10:00/15:00 CNBC
Burnley v. Swansea
Crystal Palace v. West Brom
Middlesbrough v. Stoke
Southampton v. Watford
Man City v. Sunderland 12:30/17:30 CNBC

Sunday:
Bournemouth v. Man U 8:30/13:30 NBCSN
Arsenal v. Liverpool 11:00/16:00 NBCSN

Monday:
Chelsea v. West Ham 3:00/20:00 USA Network

Can't believe that NBC isn't jumping all over that Middlesboro/Stoke match.

Seriously ... I'm sure VDC joins me in wishing all you suckers who still have a team that matters a great season. I'm carpetbagging with the Toffees, but I find my heart is still stuck in the Championship with a side that can't even avoid getting run by bloody Luten Town.

Speak for yourself. I'm in full on spite mode, I wish you all nothing but the worst luck and a horrible season. Villa, Newcastle, the championship is clearly where the big boys play. I mean, it has the word "champion" right in it just to let you know that it's number one.

I think I'm gonna ride with Man U this year. See if I can transfer some of my stink to them. Also, I'm #TeamZlatan for life. But in seriousness, I'm probably rooting for Everton as well, so sorry in advance.

The champion should get to open at home. Instead Leicester has to travel to the dumpster fire that is Hull City AFC

The groundskeepers at Hull had to pressure wash graffiti off the stadium walls before the match today.

Hull 2-1 Leicester
Burnley 0-1 Swansea
Crystal Palace 0-1 West Brom
Everton 1-1 Tottenham
Middlesbrough 1-1 Stoke
Southampton 1-1 Watford

All the stuff going around Hull didn't seem to hurt them any today.

Bournemouth 1 - 3 Man U

Only 55 minutes into the 2nd game but after half time Liverpool have looked really good and are now 3-1 up. Its wave after wave of attack at the moment and the Arsenal back 4 cannot cope.

Still 15 minutes to go but think this game is proving what we already knew.... neither Liverpool or Arsenal can defend.

Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool

Still 15 minutes to go but think this game is proving what we already knew.... neither Liverpool or Arsenal can defend.

Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool

Didn't watch it, I was on a beach. To be fair, Arsenal started the useless Chambers and 20 year old Premier League debutant Rob Holding at center back.

Yeah, Arsenal's back line is a mess due to injuries. What's Liverpool's excuse, exactly? If that press of their doesn't force turnovers, pretty much everything goes to crap.

Chelsea finish off the "weekend" with a late winner by Costa. 2-1 over West Ham.

Is it weird to anyone else that neither West Ham (opening the re-worked Olympic Stadium) or Leicester (defending champs) opened at home?

Defending champion should always open at home against the Championship playoff winner.

Match week 2 and the first Friday night match. The new TV rights deal added 10 Friday matches to the schedule. In the US, the 10:00 match TV schedule is still TBD but it will be on NBCSN with the rest on Live Extra.

Friday:
Man U v. Southampton 3:00/20:00 USA Network

Saturday:
Stoke v. Man City 7:30/12:30 NBCSN
Burnley v. Liverpool 10:00/15:00
Swansea v. Hull
Spurs v. Crystal Palace
Watford v. Chelsea
West Brom v. Everton
Leicester v. Arsenal 12:30/17:30 CNBC

Sunday:
Sunderland v. Middlesbrough 8:30/13:30 NBCSN
West Ham v. Bournemouth 11:00/16:00 CNBC

Stoke 1-4 Man City
Burnley 2-0 Liverpool
Watford 1-2 Chelsea
Swansea 0-2 Hull
West Brom 1-2 Everton
Tottenham 1-0 Crystal Palace

So much for Hull as relegation favourites, might stick a tenner on them winning the league :D

Sunderland 1-2 Middlesbrough
West Ham 1-0 Bournemouth

Moyes had better get some money for players before the window closes or Sunderland are going to be in trouble again.

Back