• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

World Cup

This is starting soon.

I see there is a "Team North America" and that McDavid is on it.

Because of his age, is he not eligible for team Canada in this tournament?

Worst tournament format ever. Won't watch a minute of this nonsense. The Worlds have more legitimacy than this blatant cash grab.

Stupid tournament, but will probably still watch it because it has lots of star players in it. Certainly not something to re-arrange my schedule around for, though.

I have some interest in how Matthews, Zaitsev, Rielly and Andersen do, especially the first two. Not super excited overall though.

Interested to see Matthews play against the better teams. Zaitsev as well. Otherwise, it just seems like an unnecessary delay to the season.

Be nice to see Freddy come in hot to start the season

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The tournament starts on the 17 and ends the 1st of October might catch a game but I'll be in the Far East for most of it...so unless Singapore gets CBC I'll probably miss it.

This tournament will likely spell the end of NHL participation in the Winter Olympics.. not sure how I feel about that. While I hate that the league basically has to shut down for 3 weeks - it's really good hockey.

A lot of players will still want to play in the Olympics regardless of NHL sanctioned participation or not. Ovechkin flat out said that he would play regardless of an agreement or not and I doubt those sentiments are uncommon.

No one wants to play in a North American-centric exhibition tournament that a lot of participants are bowing out of due to "injury."

This tournament will likely spell the end of NHL participation in the Winter Olympics.. not sure how I feel about that. While I hate that the league basically has to shut down for 3 weeks - it's really good hockey.

If it does, I'll protest ignore the shit out of this tournament from now until the day after forever. Olympic hockey is the shit, and there's nothing that any platform can do to duplicate that level of importance.

As much as I love Olympic hockey, it is kind of stupid to shut down the league for 2 weeks in the middle of the stretch. If they didn't do this youngstars team, then I think I'd be much more in favour of basically seeing this as the premier hockey championship. I don't mind having the European team in there, since it's not like any of those countries would win anyways and helps get their talent in, but taking talent away from from the other teams is stupid. Even if they let teams name who they wanted, and then after all the other teams were named made their youngstars team, that would at least make sure the other nations are full staffed.

Back