• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pre-Season GDT: Canes @ Caps 9/26 7:00

The thing is though that prior to last season Lack had shown #1 abilities over quite a large sample size in Vancouver. I'm willing to chalk last season up as an anomaly and are not ready to give up on him yet as our #1 goalie for at least these next 2 seasons. Cam is going to be given some leash of course, but I have a feeling Lack is going to end up starting at least 40 games this year and putting up a .915 or better Sv%. As I showed in a post during the offseason, if our goaltending can improve their Sv% to .915 AND we can limit shots to the level we did last season, we will be in the top 5 in the NHL in Goals allowed. Then the question will be can our offense just get to, say, 20th in the NHL in goals. That combination, barring OT and SHootout disasters, should be good enough get us into the playoffs.

Our goalies don't need to be superstars if we are limiting shots the way we did last season. Just an average .915 is good enough. Don't give up on Lack yet....

Last edited:
Back