• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pre-Season GDT: Canes @ Lightning 9/27 7:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Game 2 and then home for a few days before the home "opener" on Friday.

New crew for tonight, no one who played last night is in the lineup tonight: dmen: Hanifin, Pesce, Bean, Wesley, Carrick, Slavin, Tennyson. Forwards Lindholm, Stempniak, McGinn, Bickell, Ryan, PDG, Foegele, Karlsson, Sutter, Skinner, Woods, Roy, Wallmark. Ward and Altshuller in goal.

Wisniewski is in the lineup for Tampa, as are Tyler Johnson, Alex Killorn and JT Brown. Adam Wilcox and Kristers Gudlevskis in goal.

Same broadcast rules as last night, WRALSportsFan on the web or on their app.

Debuts for Stempniak and Bickell, auditions for Carrick (NHL depth?) and Wallmark (Scoring line in Charlotte?). Everybody else just doing their thing, whatever that is. Oh, and there SHOULD be some pressure on Lindholm to actually do something while playing center. No better time to start than now, fella.

Debuts for Stempniak and Bickell, auditions for Carrick (NHL depth?) and Wallmark (Scoring line in Charlotte?). Everybody else just doing their thing, whatever that is. Oh, and there SHOULD be some pressure on Lindholm to actually do something while playing center. No better time to start than now, fella.

The "insiders" (Gold, Tracy, Willis, Smith) at the Red/White scrimmage talked about how Lindholm had to take the next step, like Rask did last year. If anything, Lindy regressed last year. More assists than 14-15 but only 11 goals.

Michael Smith says the lineup is thus:

Skinner-Lindholm-Stempniak
McGinn-Ryan-Di Giuseppe
Woods-Foegele-Sutter
Kuokkanen-Wallmark-Karlsson

Hanifin-Murphy
Bean-Tennyson
Carrick-Pesce

Ward
Altshuller

No word on how long Ward will play. Lack went 2 periods last night. The McGinn/Ryan/PDG line was very good on Sunday, I'm interested to see how they perform against more experienced players. Bickell and Slavin are the extras.

Bean and Tennyson worked together in the first couple of camp days so it should be a fairly comfortable pairing for them. Good to see some logic applied to these things. I think we got so mired in weird personnel decisions for so long that basic common sense now seems like wisdom.

Tell ya what. On that front, Lindy is being asked big questions early on in this camp and that's something else I applaud. None of this "here's a couple of spare part wingers, figure something out" crap we've seen so often in the past. The organization knows full bloody well that he needs to flash at center right from jump street this year so he gets two capable, experienced, proper wingers in his first live fire test. No excuses, sweet cheeks.

Going back to last nights game, I liked what I saw. It was so different from precious canes games. Quickness - 3 steps, no look passes and the guy was there most of the time, no diddling with the puck, quick shots, man in front of the net, etc.
I can't get over how quick they were getting to the puck and how quick the sticks were.
Improvements needed on the tentative passing. Too many of the soft timid style passes. They need to be crisp and on the tape.
I hope tonight's team keeps that up.

3-0 end of 2 as I just tuned in. Chuck was saying that Lindy was doing pretty well and the line looked good.

Ward... 16 shots, 16 saves in 2 periods. Altshuller for the third like they did with Ned last night?

Yep.

Point scores for the Bolts from Johnson.

6th attacker goal by Imama.

Skinner misses a wide open net twice.

It's going to be a 3-2 final, but the benches are getting cranky.

Last edited:
Back