• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT-Hens vs Habs

Yup condon sucks but damn that was some visceral reaction to a preseason game.

Our number 1 goalie is at the world cup.

We have a shit ton of preseason games. Condon was always gonna get minutes.

Heck let carey sit a week now and only use him in one of the last two preseason games. He's played 7 games already (5 in the tourney and 2 pretourney)

Yup condon sucks but damn that was some visceral reaction to a preseason game.

Our number 1 goalie is at the world cup.

We have a shit ton of preseason games. Condon was always gonna get minutes.

Heck let carey sit a week now and only use him in one of the last two preseason games. He's played 7 games already (5 in the tourney and 2 pretourney)
Yeah, I'd say Carey is in form already. No need to push him.

I just really can't stand Condon, he's not NHL caliber, not even close. I was very happy when Bergevin signed Montoya. He's not great but he's at least NHL backup caliber.

Condon looked fine to start last season but he got exposed big time when he was forced into the starter's role.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the goalie situation, with all of Condon, Lindgren and Fucale set to be sent down.

Condon looked fine to start last season but he got exposed big time when he was forced into the starter's role.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the goalie situation, with all of Condon, Lindgren and Fucale set to be sent down.

One of Fucale/Lindgren is the ECHL starter.

hecke they may even rotate the two between the ECHL and AHL so they both get plenty of minutes.

condon can be the AHL starter, he did fine there before. Hopefully give them the goaltending they will need to win some games and make the playoffs.

If I'm looking at holdouts, I'm looking at Tobias Rieder as a cheap option to fill a top 9 role.

Offer Arizona something like Andrighetto and a pick.

Byron, Danault, Flynn and Mitchell (injured after one period) beated an almost full Senators line-up in Ottawa this afternoon by themselves

[video]https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/video/a-3-2-overtime-victory/t-277437414/c-45010903[/video]

Last edited:
Montoya stopped a breakaway right off the opening face-off that Condon would have let in for sure. Then the Habs went down to the other end and Byron scored.

See the difference competent goaltending makes?

Byron, Danault, Flynn and Mitchell (injured after one period) beated an almost full Senators line-up in Ottawa this afternoon by themselves

[video]https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/video/a-3-2-overtime-victory/t-277437414/c-45010903[/video]
Yep. Tied it with 36 seconds left and won in ot.

Montoya played well. Sens had a lot of regulars in the lineup, we had our fourth line.

Back