• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Centennial Season thread (aka the ****ing season thread)

Green's not really what we are looking for, but unquestionably he would improve the D. The question is what do you have to give up.

Like babcock says, of course ideally they'd like that. But he won't pretend that a righty dman is better than he actually is.
I'm sure if we had four left-handed defensemen on the team that were all significantly better than whoever our third-best RHD was, Babcock would eschew the balanced pairings.

But when we're talking about cashing in our #1 tradeable asset right now?

I can't see how they'd settle for getting a LHD that's not as good as Rielly or Gardiner as one of the principal return pieces.

Given all the cap space they should try to help other teams out for picks. Like take Bieksa for Manson. That solves all of the Ducks problems. The can protect Fowler, Lindholm, Vantanen and all their forwards and won't lose Manson for nothing.

JVR for Bieksa, Manson, Jones and a 1st.

It makes sense IMO. If the Ducks biggest concerns are looking for a forward, fitting that forward under the cap, and expansion draft protection the Leafs can get paid a premium to take care of all of those issues.

And the Ducks have what the Leafs need. Lots of good righty dmen. Lots of good young players and prospects.

It's interesting because they clearly put this out there themselves. Almost to say... Come talk to us, cap-strapped teams. We're open for business.

All of a sudden the trade deadline got interesting again.

Though I'm not sure what Lou's track record is when it comes to deadline deals.

Considering he's a septuagenarian that's probably a fan of early-bird specials, I would think he'd like to get his work done well in advance of the deadline.

Yeah. Not sure how busy it will be or if teams will be willing to give up assets to clear them of their concerns in the summer.. But this was clearly an effort made by Lou to try to get something going. They leaked this.

giphy.gif

Don't think Dater is very good or reliable but Landeskog makes a lot of sense. Talk about the perfect JVR replacement. Jesus Christ.

I don't know if they have the pieces but one thing is for sure.. They have a lot of pieces. If they can package the Kapanen's/Nielsen's/Brown's/Johnsson's/Timashov's/Leipsic's and add a 1st or more picks, I would be a very happy man. Landeskog has become quite underrated. He's damn good and kind of exactly what they need in a JVR replacement..

Adrian Dater
I'm hearing some chatter that Toronto is suddenly in play for either Landeskog or Duchene
No chance whatsoever that this is true.

Duchene is the last player in the world we need with Matthews, Kadri & Nylander already on the team.

Landeskog might be more of a fit if we're getting rid of JVR, but we're not going to pay the defensemen/futures Colorado would be looking to get for him.

Back