• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016-17 Leafs - Habs - Sens

Likewise, there's really no reason for the Leafs to settle for what Montreal's willing to give up, and there's no urgency on their end to make a Bozak deal. They can trade him anytime between now and then 2017/18 trade deadline.

Also, when you're trying to win this season, when your #1 & #3 centers are out for 6-8 weeks, and when your "#2 center" has two goals & nine points in 26 games and when the team as a whole had already been having troubles scoring even before the injuries, I guarantee that the Habs will "overpay" for any center they acquire, even if they're of Peter Holland's calibre.

When other GM's know you're drowning, they're more apt to throw you an anchor than a life jacket.

I guess I just don't think that Bozak is going to garner more than a pair of 2nds. What are you suggesting it would cost?

I think if we're going to get into giving up more valuable assets we'll be shooting for a bigger fish.

I guess I just don't think that Bozak is going to garner more than a pair of 2nds. What are you suggesting it would cost?

I think if we're going to get into giving up more valuable assets we'll be shooting for a bigger fish.
Yep, the first rounder can be included in a deal for a better center.

For a division rival to get him right now in somewhat desperate circumstances? Probably a 1st round pick + a "B" prospect or mid-round pick. The fact that this is widely reported to be a weak draft also has to be taken into consideration.

Whether or not we'll eventually get that kind of return of him when he is dealt, I dunno.

Am I the only one that doesn't buy into the "don't trade with rivals/within the conference/division" shit?

If you're making a trade that you feel is good then you're also taking those assets away from that rival. It's pro sports... you do what's best for your team team and don't worry about petty shit.

I'd move Bozak for 2 2nd's from any team. Habs or not. I'd prefer a 1st but i think we'll be hard pressed to get that from anyone. Maybe they get desperate.

Am I the only one that doesn't buy into the "don't trade with rivals/within the conference/division" shit?

If you're making a trade that you feel is good then you're also taking those assets away from that rival. It's pro sports... you do what's best for your team team and don't worry about petty shit.

Ya it's never bothered me, if it's a good trade for both teams, do it.

I don't really care too much either.

Montreal should make a move for Bozak. He's decently priced for a guy that is a good stop gap until their other players come back. He's also good depth for a playoff run. He's not a 1st line center but can slide into many roles throughout the lineup. Good on faceoffs.

He probably won't get a 1st from anyone but i'd def take 2 2nds from the habs.

I don't really care too much either.

Depends on the player. Bozak? I don't give a shit.

Mats Sundin in a Canucks jersey to end his career burned me up pretty good. F*ck seeing Gilmour wear that scum de terre Habs jersey made me sick.

Back