• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Therrien - Game #1 - Montreal @ Buffalo

I haven't seen Emelin be such a wrecking ball in a long time.

Montoya moves very well in the crease.

G: proper back up goalie, #11 (again...)
B: SFB and Galchenyuk still on summer vacation
U: 51 is still on this team; 14 is still in the top 6

Good: The speed with which they were able to get pucks out of the defensive zone. The Subban lovers have been telling us all summer long about how tough this is going to be now that Player 76 is no longer around. Didn't seem to have any issues tonight. Weber was Weber, Gallagher and Shaw did their thing, Carr scored by driving the net. Emelin was born-again hard. Hit everything that moved.

Bad: Sergachev wasn't ready for prime time. At this rate he won't get 9 games before being sent back to the OHL. Beaulieu made some boneheaded decisions under pressure. Pleks, Galchenyuk and Pacioretty need to check the calendar and realize that the games matter now.

Ugly: Desharnais as usual. I'd just as soon give his job to McCarron.

I agree with the notion of getting a second line center and dropping Plekanec to the third line. Jettison DD.

An upgrade to our 2nd line C would not come cheap and we also don't have the cap space unless the other team would take Pleks

Radulov & Lekhonen seem to have good chemistry, but alas (sigh) turtleneck is going to bring that line down- he seemed as if he couldn't maintain pace with his wingers tonight.

Back