• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

St. John's IceCaps: 2016-17 Season

a) they were talking the business model
b) the hockey model leads to Eakins being an NHL coach (oilers hahahahhahaha)

Exactly the business model is based on cheap family tickets. The team gets very minimal coverage in terms of day to day operations and results. Only hardcore leaf fans really even look at how they are doing and the crowd demographic skews to a very family oriented environment, not anything like leaf fan crowds. The atmosphere is dofferent

Exactly the business model is based on cheap family tickets. The team gets very minimal coverage in terms of day to day operations and results. Only hardcore leaf fans really even look at how they are doing and the crowd demographic skews to a very family oriented environment, not anything like leaf fan crowds. The atmosphere is dofferent

Show me a business model that works if the arena is 75% empty. Because if the Ice Caps were in Laval right now playing the way they've played under Lefebvre that's what they'd be looking at. People in Montreal do not tolerate losers. They ignore them until they go away. That's something which cuts across all demographic lines.

Every sports business works better when the team is winning.

100% yes.

I just think that this is a team that isn't going to get scrutiny from the media on each win and loss. The AHL is an afterthought when the team is placed in the same city as the NHL team.

Danis in nets tonight, Fucale backing up like last night. Wonder when they will make a decision on the goaltending situation.

Back