• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

St. John's IceCaps: 2016-17 Season

Is it likely that this is the breakthrough that management has been waiting for, or is it more likely a fluke like Eller scoring 4 in one game way back when?

Something about JDR doesn't convince me he'll be an NHLer.

But I can't put my finger on it, I may subconsciously just think that because over the last three years he's been called up he's shown little

Something about JDR doesn't convince me he'll be an NHLer.

But I can't put my finger on it, I may subconsciously just think that because over the last three years he's been called up he's shown little
I see a lot of Sammy Pahlsson in DLR - size combined w fluid skating ability and natural defensive awareness at a young age created unrealistic expectations from an offense perspective.
Pahlsson was a very important cog in the Ducks wheel during their Cup contention years, and was highly value add to the young Hawks team too - it took Pahlsson to hit his mid-late 20's before he found his groove

Last edited:
de la Rose has the tools to be a decent defensive forward, to me what gets him over the hump is more aggressive play. Not banging and crashing, but just playing with a little more reckless abandon.

de la Rose has the tools to be a decent defensive forward, to me what gets him over the hump is more aggressive play. Not banging and crashing, but just playing with a little more reckless abandon.

I think you have this backwards. The way you wrote it, you're advocating that DLR take dumb penalties and risk his health. Not sure if that's a great idea in today's NHL.

Last edited:

He has shown very little offensive ability to be anything more than a potential 4rth line center.

I think you have this backwards. They way you wrote it, you're advocating that DLR take dumb penalties and risk his health. Not sure if that's a great idea in today's NHL.

LOL, well that's the decision every fringe player has to take. If you play it safe, you probably never make it. If you play with a little bit of an edge like Gallagher and Shaw , you have an NHL career.

IceCaps win 2-0 . Lindgren 24 saves for the shutout. Marlies lose, IceCaps a bit closer to the final playoff spot.

IceCaps played a back to back with Lehigh. Lost the first game 5-4 in OT yesterday . Tonight they lost in the shootout 3-2. Last night they blew a 4-0 lead. So two valuable points lost in the quest for the last playoff spot.

Audette has 3 points total in both games. Carr, MacMillian, Friberg, Hanley had 2 points total.

Last edited:
IceCaps win 4-3 today over Hershey. They scored with 16 seconds left to win the game.

Veilleux 1G 1A
Lowe 1G
Gregoire 1G
Brouillette 1G

0.001 PCT point behind the last playoff spot.

Back