• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

St. John's IceCaps: 2016-17 Season

hairnova

News Breaker
icecaps2016.jpg

_____

Here's the Opening Day roster for the farm team's last season in St. John's.

They'll be getting Lindgren back at some point, and potentially Andrighetto if/when he gets sent down and clears waivers.

Has De La Rose made any progress in the last year or so? Is going to be Mitchell's replacement in a year or two?

Why would anyone in NF bother supporting a team that's moving away after this season, especially when they've only been there for a few years anyway?

Is there anyone in that lineup besides Mccaron and Sherbak that have a future with the big club?

Is there anyone in that lineup besides Mccaron and Sherbak that have a future with the big club?

That's all folks with JDL probably a 4rth liner next year with us .

JDL looked good in that brief stint showcasing good defensive skills on the bottom 6.

Last edited:
Why would anyone in NF bother supporting a team that's moving away after this season, especially when they've only been there for a few years anyway?

To be honest. It's the only show in town! No other sporting team to support and also you have A LOT of Habs fans and hockey fans in general.

Yes. Its pure hockey country. They used to pack the rinks for senior hockey when I was growing up, probably still do in the smaller towns.Mostly Leaf fans back then,followed by Detroit, but it may be more spread around now.The Bruins then became popular with the young set during the Orr days. as in many places.

The fans even filled the rink in SJ during the years Winnipeg was in there, and I doubt there had been any fans of that franchise. Too bad geography is against them holding on to a team down there,where the fans are crazy for hockey. Instead, franchises end up in places where fans could care less.But that's the reality.

Last edited:
Caps lost last night 6-3. Hudon, Friberg and Terry with the goals. Hudon had a goal and an assist.

Would have been interesting if Reway was available to play, otherwise there isnt much to get excited about this team.

Back