• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Flyers 10/22 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
It appears that some line juggling is in order as the Canes close out the State Fair Roadie in Philly.

Skinner-Rask-Stempniak
Nordstrom-Staal-Aho
Teravainen-Lindholm-Di Giuseppe
Bickell-McClement-Stalberg

Michael Smith said that Peters wasn't completely committed to those lines. We'll see. No changes on D. Lack goes in goal.

Flyers are without Dale Wiese who was handed a 3 game suspension yesterday.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone's been following my recent moan's, you know then that I am happy with this, even if it falls over horribly. Glad they are rewarding good play also in a way, with Aho's comfort level improving on the ice. Maybe he'll get the other two producing. I like the third line - with PDG on it.

Why do our goaltenders have such a hard time sticking to the post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie Lack looking bad in the second. Actually He didn't have much chance since we decided not to defend the PP (Shooting Gallery) and then left a guy open to the circles but you'd hope he'd stop at least one.

Stempniak Scores another. 4-3 Bad guys. Nice play from Skinner and Rask to set it up

PP goal with 2 Flyers in the slot no Canes to be found. (Other then Lack) HAve to have one guy on the 2...

Well there was another Man + goal on the Delayed penalty. Bad game for Lack.

Last edited:
Terrible goaltending yet again, the defense has stunk bad, and what the hell is Hanafin doing out there lately? Just a collection of awful hockey yet again.

Well, I guess Swiss Cheese Ward come back for the next start after lack $#!t$ the bed tonight!

Francis should be ashamed of his goaltending debacle!

Well, I guess Swiss Cheese Ward come back for the next start after lack $#!t$ the bed tonight!

Francis should be ashamed of his goaltending debacle!

Ashamed is not strong enough to explain the two fools masquerading as NHL goalies. Francis needs to pull his head out of his ass and fix it, this team deserves better than those two for 82 games.

We all expected goaltending to be an issue it is. Almost worse then I feared. We Can score this year but our goalies can't buy a save. They seem to be picking Q's and Z's. (Wheel reference)

Our D is also having really bad lapses. Faulk keeps giving it to the other team that then puts it in the back of his net.

Yeah I tuned out slowly as the game went on. it was obvious we weren't gonna win it, even if we made it interesting at 4-3. Just not getting it done defensively as a team nor between the pipes. A number of issues. I find Dhalbeck just held his own.. and Hanifin might have had his worse game for us. Faulk still struggling. This one started out again pretty good. But as has been a common theme, we aren't able to keep leads. Goaltending is not putting in any good performances.

The offense and PP and PK (well before last night) got the memo about starting the season off strong. The D and goaltending apparently didn't.

For all the progress Francis has made- changes in coaching. and down the system, the acquisitions, buyouts, and in drafting and development, goaltending was not an area to be neglected given the youthfulness of the d-corp. Given the issues that LA is having in the net and not being able to find any goalie to fit better than what they have- with the exception of perhaps Pavelc-- this is going to be another rough season. This team can ill afford to stumble through yet another season, yet RF has set the table for just that with his decision to re-sign Ward and giving Lack a two year contract without ever seeing him play.

Last edited:
Lack had an opportunity to make a strong case for himself and came up snake eyes. Way too much drifting and swimming around despite some strong in game moments. Should Peters come right back with him? Or does Ward get yet another chance to keep the job? Does Francis has his eye on a G prospect or two playing in another team's farm system. If you do Ronnie, pull that trigger sooner rather than later! What is going to happen to Al Montoya after Price gets back, Or Mike Condon for that matter?

Back