• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Best Realest Standings, Big League

If it wasnt for Columbus and the insane turn around you would have to think Babs would be a show in for the Jack Adams.

To take a 30th place team and have a potential 30 pt swing in one season is insane
Babs still has a chance. Columbus has definitely slowed way down since their insane run.

All have had very healthy teams. What a surprise.

Also all very young teams with very little injury prone players. There is definitely an element of luck as well but injuries aren't the only reason these coaches are getting the recognition they deserve.

seems to always be the most improved team award
Yeah, outside of the completely non-subjective awards like the Rocket Richard or the Art Ross, and the Vezina & Calder trophies, none of the other NHL awards are consistently given out for their stated purpose:

Jack Adams: Awarded to the coach of the NHL's most improved team. Bonus points if you're in your first year with a new team.

Hart Trophy: Awarded to the player who had the best individual season.

Norris Trophy: Awarded to the league's best offensive defenseman.

Lady Byng Trophy: Consolation prize for star players with low PIM's that are never quite good enough in a single season to win the Hart.

Selke Trophy: Consolation prize for star centers that are aren't good enough to win the Hart. Occasionally a lifetime achievement award for overrated grinders.

Yeah, outside of the completely non-subjective awards like the Rocket Richard or the Art Ross, and the Vezina & Calder trophies, none of the other NHL awards are consistently given out for their stated purpose:

Jack Adams: Awarded to the coach of the NHL's most improved team. Bonus points if you're in your first year with a new team.

Hart Trophy: Awarded to the player who had the best individual season.

Norris Trophy: Awarded to the league's best offensive defenseman.

Lady Byng Trophy: Consolation prize for star players with low PIM's that are never quite good enough in a single season to win the Hart.

Selke Trophy: Consolation prize for star centers that are aren't good enough to win the Hart. Occasionally a lifetime achievement award for overrated grinders.

pretty much bang on

I'm not the one ridiculing others for their predictions. But yeah that's just about the cowardly response I figured.

I'm not the one ridiculing others for their predictions. But yeah that's just about the cowardly response I figured.

Pretty clear prediction. You have zero shot at a top 5 and will finish below the top 10 spot you flirted with.

What's your prediction Nostradamus?

Back