• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Best Realest Standings, Big League

The Habs will be favorites and will ottawa. No matter who we play we will be underdogs and that's perfect for this group.

The magic numbers for the teams chasing us in the standings:

Boston: 18
NY Islanders: 17
Tampa Bay: 14
Carolina: 14
Philadelphia: 11
Florida: 10

Really can't figure out how you got that out of my post.

I mean, I do in my heart of hearts think the Leafs are a better team. But you can't possibly be the favourite if your opponent swept the season series and finished higher in the standings. The Leafs will still have a lot to prove.

Agreed. But I do seem to remember one year where Ottawa swept us in the regular season and finished 1st in the conference. How did that end up going again?

Agreed. But I do seem to remember one year where Ottawa swept us in the regular season and finished 1st in the conference. How did that end up going again?

Something like this...

[video=youtube;dTPUQGDMsbo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTPUQGDMsbo[/video]

Asterisk = wild cards

Atlantic

1.MTL 102
2.OTT 100
3.TOR 95
----------------
4.BOS 92*
5.TBL 88
6.FLA 83
7.BUF 80
8.DET 79

Metro

1.WSH 116
2.PIT 115
3.CBJ 114
-----------------
4.NYR 104*
5.NYI 91
6.CAR 87
7.PHI 84
8.NJD 75

Central

1.CHI 112
2.MIN 107
3.STL 95
-----------------
4.NSH 95*
5.WPG 82
6.DAL 77
7.COL 49

Pacific

1.SJS 102
2.ANA 100
3.EDM 98
-----------------
4.CGY 97*
5.LAK 85
6.VAN 76
7.ARZ 71

Overall

1.WSH 116
2.PIT 115
3.CBJ 114
4.CHI 112
5.MIN 107
6.NYR 104
7.SJS 102
8.MTL 102
9.OTT 100
10.ANA 100
11.EDM 98
12.CGY 97
13.STL 95
14.NSH 95
15.TOR 95
16.BOS 92
17.NYI 91
18.TBL 88
19.CAR 87
20.LAK 85
21.PHI 84
22.FLA 83
23.WPG 82
24.BUF 80
25.DET 79
26.DAL 77
27.VAN 76
28.NJD 75
29.ARZ 71
30.COL 49

the leafs are simply more talented than the habs, and have been better than them since november.

The leafs top six forward group is more talented, I'll grant you that. Pretty much everywhere else, including in goal, a position that I've been told is important in hockey, the opposite is true.

Shea Weber over anything on the Leafs defense but i think it ends there. Who on the Habs defense is better than Rielly? Petry no. Markov no. Emelin no.

Leafs are looking dangerous right now. The defense is missing a big minute top pairing defender to play with Rielly. Obviously i'm going get called biased here but i take the Leafs forwards over the Habs. Besides Pacc being a star i don't see much there. Galchenyuk is a quality top 6 forward. Radulov has had a great year but he wreaks of offseason overpay this summer. Shaw and Gallagher are 3rd line plugs.

Carey Price is the game changer though. Andersen isn't even close so on any given game the Habs could have the edge. I wouldn't want to play them in the 1st round for that reason.

I want the Habs in the first round.
Habs roster isn't scary, but...

1. Price is Price
2. The Habs fans are loud. No shame in admitting it. I legit believe they get some calls because the crowd makes it for them.
3. I like their back-end additions. Benn is a great pick up. They aren't as soft as before (on D).

Shea Weber over anything on the Leafs defense but i think it ends there. Who on the Habs defense is better than Rielly? Petry no. Markov no. Emelin no.

Leafs are looking dangerous right now. The defense is missing a big minute top pairing defender to play with Rielly. Obviously i'm going get called biased here but i take the Leafs forwards over the Habs. Besides Pacc being a star i don't see much there. Galchenyuk is a quality top 6 forward. Radulov has had a great year but he wreaks of offseason overpay this summer. Shaw and Gallagher are 3rd line plugs.

Carey Price is the game changer though. Andersen isn't even close so on any given game the Habs could have the edge. I wouldn't want to play them in the 1st round for that reason.

How is Rielly better than Markov right now? Markov is considerably better right now.

zaitsev is better than markov (just ask russian coaches). jake and Petry comparable.

rielly and weber is an interesting comp. both get elite usage and hold their own in it at even strength. rielly is an elite puck mover and weber is very poor at it, but weber is better at controlling the fr9nt of the net. weber is one of those big PP weapons, though, which gives him an edge.

How is Rielly better than Markov right now? Markov is considerably better right now.

:drink

Rielly is pretty damn good. He had a shit few weeks after that ankle injury but he seems to be turning it on at a good time now. I without question take Rielly over Markov now and obviously going forward.

:drink

Rielly is pretty damn good. He had a shit few weeks after that ankle injury but he seems to be turning it on at a good time now. I without question take Rielly over Markov now and obviously going forward.
Just based on the eye test? Markov is scoring at a much higher pace this year and his CF is better.

What basis do you have for Rielly being better?

Markov isn't Markov anymore. Age and knee issues have taken away his mobility.

Still lethal on the PP though - just like Gonchar at the end of his career. But 5on5 he just isn't a gamebreaker.

Back