• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Best Realest Standings, Big League

If a Montreal/Toronto series means it's Bob Cole calling the games instead of Hughson, that's reason enough in itself to hope for it to happen.

Considering this franchise is a powerhouse in terms of dollars we should really have an excellent announce crew. Think something like the Raptors have or the Blue Jays in recent years. I'm sure they realize the TV experience is a highly lucrative business for them. Why not invest in quality Leaf focused commentary?

I'm not saying the Devlin is perfect but at least he's got some personality and doesn't make me want to mute the TV. Jack and Devlin are pretty good. I really liked Chuck Swirsky back in the day. He had the voice, the goofy look, and really seemed to enjoy calling raps games

I really like the Blue Jays broadcasts with Tabler and Martinez. Those guys have the voices and stories to entertain. Sure they get annoying listening to them 160 times a year.

Hughson is GARBAGE. Romanuk and Millen are boring as f*ck. I don't mind Ferrarro on TSN. Thats all i can think of off the top of my head. But HNIC should be a highlight for Leafs fans considering the amount of us there are. Instead we are stuck listening to 2 bozos cry any time the Leafs score.

From @MoneyPuckdotcom on twitter:

C7pr1-EXQAIFqDg.jpg

If a Montreal/Toronto series means it's Bob Cole calling the games instead of Hughson, that's reason enough in itself to hope for it to happen.

It will be Hughson.

Hughson is the number 1 announcer at Sportsnet, they will give him whatever series they think is their best for ratings.

golden boy didn't even get a penalty

Did you see the play?

Methot didn't even flinch... no way they call a penalty there. Looked 100% innocent. If Methot shakes his hand in pain they probably call it.

Methot is the opposite of Stone. Now that's tough. I'd have been jumping and crying like a baby.

Did you see the play?

Methot didn't even flinch... no way they call a penalty there. Looked 100% innocent. If Methot shakes his hand in pain they probably call it.

Methot is the opposite of Stone. Now that's tough. I'd have been jumping and crying like a baby.
So...I guess it's actually you who didn't see the play?

bMhU15h.gif

He did actually shake his hand in pain (and you can also hear him loudly yell out in pain in the video). He also immediately went after Crosby.

So...I guess it's actually you who didn't see the play?

bMhU15h.gif

He did actually shake his hand in pain (and you can also hear him loudly yell out in pain in the video). He also immediately went after Crosby.
I saw the play. It doesn't look like he really reacts like someone who's injured. Most guys shake their hands vigorously to draw the penalty. He barely reacts.

Asterisk = wild cards

Atlantic

1.OTT 101
2.MTL 101
3.TOR 96
----------------
4.BOS 91
5.TBL 89
6.FLA 84
7.BUF 80
8.DET 79

Metro

1.WSH 117
2.PIT 115
3.CBJ 114
-----------------
4.NYR 104*
5.NYI 91*
6.CAR 88
7.PHI 85
8.NJD 74

Central

1.CHI 113
2.MIN 106
3.STL 96
-----------------
4.NSH 96*
5.WPG 81
6.DAL 78
7.COL 48

Pacific

1.SJS 102
2.ANA 100
3.EDM 99
-----------------
4.CGY 95*
5.LAK 87
6.VAN 75
7.ARZ 70

Overall

1.WSH 117
2.PIT 115
3.CBJ 114
4.CHI 113
5.MIN 106
6.NYR 104
7.SJS 102
8.OTT 101
9.MTL 101
10.ANA 100
11.EDM 99
12.STL 96
13.NSH 96
14.TOR 96
15.CGY 95
16.NYI 91
17.BOS 91
18.TBL 89
19.CAR 88
20.LAK 87
21.PHI 85
22.FLA 84
23.WPG 81
24.BUF 80
25.DET 79
26.DAL 78
27.VAN 75
28.NJD 74
29.ARZ 70
30.COL 48

I love that even if and when we make it, we probably still end up with a pretty decent draft pick, like 16th overall or so.

Its crazy that the NHL has stopped calling that kind of stick work. Free swings at the hands are regularly let go. Its really only called on a breakaway if they guy loses the puck. Want to increase scoring? Call penalties.

Slashing is now breaking the other guys stick with your stick. The NHL has erased the original penalty for the most part.

Hack away, boys! Just don't break a stick while doing so.

Back