• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Games Played/Claims Limit

Honestly, bro. And, I mean this with all due respect because I've seen how you operate. You're a straight forward, honest, respectable dude.

But, if you look at your roster, you could make the argument that the only reason this was brought up is due to the strength of your overall roster and complete lack of depth for NHL ready prospects to help you hit the GP limits.

Do I think that is why this came up? Absolutely not. But, it would favour a team like yours to make this type of change. It's hard to not have a bit of a selfish perspective. I'm really, really trying keep the best of the league in mind first and the best for me in mind 2nd.

Again, I'm not insinuating anything or trying to come at you. I'm just trying to convey my perspective on why these decisions are so difficult overall.

Xoxo

I take zero offense. It's not why it came up... but I guess I understand your theory. Although I disagree. I have a good number of minors eligible NHLers. I haven't compared my team with everyone else but I'd have thought I was okay there.

I brought this up when I started realizing that there were an awful lot of scrubs listed as WW and not FA every time I look. It didn't really click until recently why that was.

Bull called me a coward and a folder. I don't know where I stand anymore.

Who have I become?!?!?! arghhhhhhhh

Hahaha

if top teams and teams that are built with minors to max games are all ok with it then by all means. like i said i got no horse in this race i just know that if i built my team to max games and then we made a rule change i wouldnt be happy. also worried it will lower values of prospects but ive said my piece and am cool with what the majority decides

im not built to stream from minors and couldn't care if people stream off waiver wire. this whole discussion started with a streaming issue off the waiver wire if that's the real issue then sure address it. i just dont see how we have to make up to 3 rule changes mid season. im agaisnt making any i wonder if someone has won a week because of streaming off waiver wire or just done a good job at maximizing roster through miniors. my miniors suck and dont have a horse in this race but if i did this would be my opinion so im not sure how im trying to gain an advantage for my team. i dont think ive maxed once this year. like ive said before if waiver streaming is real issue then move it to 5 per week, but dropping games makes zero sense

Why would you not look at each situation for what it is rather than a flat "no changes" rule?

Need to have position limits due to the nature of how the scoring is set up. Can't have marginal D being more valuable than 2nd line wingers.

There's definitely not going to be a perfect anti-gaming system.

I'm not sure how easy that would be to exploit.

I just don't understand why we can't just reduce the GP proportionally per position should we choose to drop the GP limit.

I just set my lineup and leave it. Probably why I lose and the other guy has 10 more players on the boxscore.

Sorry just catching up.

Would it be possible to allow people to move the roster however they want during the week but only using players that were on the roster at the beginning of the period?

So unlimited drops and adds between periods but only your active, bench and minors are available to you during the week?

Sorry just catching up.

Would it be possible to allow people to move the roster however they want during the week but only using players that were on the roster at the beginning of the period?

So unlimited drops and adds between periods but only your active, bench and minors are available to you during the week?

You know what, I have no idea if it is possible or not, but I sure do like that idea.

Sorry for being late to the party - too much going on right now. I am with the majority in saying that I hate changing rules mid-season, but don't have a problem doing it when issues need to be addressed with urgency for the integrity of the league.

That being said, I'm not sure this is an "urgent" problem. People streaming a few players because they're not at the max GP isn't a huge deal - in fact, it's a pretty normal thing to do.

I feel like setting a max # of player adds per week is definitely the right thing to do, and right away. 5 seems reasonable, even 3 if people think it's necessary. I would vote not to modify the max GP, but maybe we can consider a smaller reduction (eg. 82 to 75 rather than 70 - something like that), or waiting till the off-season. With any change, I'd also prefer not to take away the max GP per position.

I do understand the concern about streaming, and will support whatever decision HP makes.

Back