• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: 2017 World Junior Hockey Championship

I actually think barzal will have to become a much more aggressive player to have nhl success. He's got amazing handles but is a small perimeter player. His goal totals in jr are not impressive to say the least

Bracco has far too many crippling flaws I think. We'll see how he does in the AHL next year but I'm not too high on his game translating to pro too well.

Bracco has far too many crippling flaws I think. We'll see how he does in the AHL next year but I'm not too high on his game translating to pro too well.

Needs more speed. Tons of edges, tons of vision, magical passer. Will never be anything more than small at the NHL level though, so will need more speed to find space to make his talents work. Isn't fast enough yet.

Luckily we have Barb, who should be starting to achieve cult like status in Toronto for her ability to improve the technical side of a skaters stride. Freddy Gauthier looks competent at the NHL level as a 21 yr old almost entirely because of his work with Barb.

Needs more speed. Tons of edges, tons of vision, magical passer. Will never be anything more than small at the NHL level though, so will need more speed to find space to make his talents work. Isn't fast enough yet.

Luckily we have Barb, who should be starting to achieve cult like status in Toronto for her ability to improve the technical side of a skaters stride. Freddy Gauthier looks competent at the NHL level as a 21 yr old almost entirely because of his work with Barb.
He's a lot softer, weaker on the puck and way more of a perimeter guy than a guy like Marner, for example. It's not easy for pure playmakers that have muffin shots to make it; it's even harder when they have literally no speed to speak of. He looks out of place in this one. He has a lot of work to do, but no doubt that the skill is there. Hopefully he's willing to put in the reps to at least give himself a shot.

EDIT: He kinda skates like Wellwood.. And plays like him, with a lot less shiftiness.

Back