• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Leafs vs Oilers take 2 | 9:00PM TSN4

number17

Mod Squad
The leafs get off on a west coast swing and it is an interesting road trip because ...

1- Kadri vs. McDavid, Babs vs McLellan ... Oilers definitely looking to even things up tonight
2- then the Leafs will face the Canucks, and we remembered the fireworks in the last TOR-VAN tilt
3- then the Leafs will play the Flames, and Kadri (again) has his share of run-in's with the flames players from last year

But let's focus on tonight first. After Kadri not only shutdown but outscored McDavid in OT last time, McDavid admited he is looking for revenge tonight. Will McLellan try to get the McDavid line away from the Kadri matchup tonight? Or will he go head to head and let his young star center get his revenge matchup?

Then there's also the fact the Leafs have been pretty poor on the road so far this year, and it's time to get some road wins. Can the Leafs play a smart road game?

I expect it to be a tight game tonight, and I hope we come out on top. Go Leafs Go!!!

Nylander centering the 4th line. Hopefully this paves the way for a Bozak exit and Nylander 3rd line center. Let's also hope that this isn't a showcase for the Flames to show that he can play center. Holy **** the media has been scaring me about that lately. That would be a ****ing tragedy.

When it comes from Bobo or Friedman then you can worry. Until then consider all else bs

I'll be there tonight right behind Talbot for two periods. Hoping for a high offence game

Sounds like Holland has requested a trade (or has been traded)

Not on the road trip and agent met with Lou today

Sounds like Holland has requested a trade (or has been traded)

Not on the road trip and agent met with Lou today
Could also be that he's the guy getting waived to finally make room for Josh Leivo on the roster.

Whether it's him getting waived, traded or demanding a trade, none of them would be surprising. I think the only player Babcock likes less than Holland is Frankie Corrado.

Could also be that he's the guy getting waived to finally make room for Josh Leivo on the roster.

Whether it's him getting waived, traded or demanding a trade, none of them would be surprising. I think the only player Babcock likes less than Holland is Frankie Corrado.

I don't love Holland but man that 4th line was great when he was on it. Babs can coach but his personnel decisions suck at times. Someone needs to unleash Kyle Dubas on him to teach him how little faceoffs matter.

honestly if you replaced smith with leivo the 4th line wouldn't look much different than the first line.

I loved his level of engagement at center; plus it gives him the whole ice to work with. Unlike with Marner, who is all over the place and plays like a center offensively, Nylander has a tendency to kind of slide in and out of games - generally just sticks to his wall and let's Matthews do the roaming (as he should playing with him). He doesn't really impact the game as much as he could playing the wing.

I say that as he's playing at a 60+ point pace as a 20 year old. Heh. We spoiled.

Lance Hornby is talking about a "Nylander lineup flap?" Does he just mean that he's on the 4th line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honestly if you replaced smith with leivo the 4th line wouldn't look much different than the first line.

Smith is just so ****ing bad though. Like.. I'd be willing to bet that well over half of the Marlies forwards would do a better job in the show than him. That 4th line was looking so good with Holland too. It's so frustrating.

Back