• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

NCFC MLS bid/General Soccer Bizzo

You mean like not providing the medical support staff required but the league? Or providing professional training facilities? Or laundry service? Or paying the players' housing stipends in a timely manner? Or any of the other 100 things that jackass has failed to spend money on in direct violation of league rules? Yeah. All it would take to remove that idiot as owner is a spine and a sternly worded letter.

I don’t understand why he hasn’t sold out already. He can’t be making any money. If it’s a vanity project, it’s long past time to let it go.

I don’t understand why he hasn’t sold out already. He can’t be making any money. If it’s a vanity project, it’s long past time to let it go.

The franchise isn't worth anything and he's got bills to pay that his league revenue stipend helps cover. If he lets the franchise dissolve or revert to the league, they're going to seek damages for those outstanding bills. And will get them in court. Basically he's either got to lose face by letting the league take the franchise back ... and thus admitting he's as big a screwup as the players and media accuse him of being ... or soldier on pretending nothing is wrong. Being a classic soulless politician/stockbroker type, guess which one he prefers.

I guess the league is either really dumb or they don't care about his neglect of the team or maybe both.

Maybe the league rules make it very hard for them to take away the team unlike the NBA did with the Clippers - just a guess.

I guess the league is either really dumb or they don't care about his neglect of the team or maybe both.

Maybe the league rules make it very hard for them to take away the team unlike the NBA did with the Clippers - just a guess.

What part of "barely a professional league" are you struggling with? Of course they're having trouble with this big issue. Even the smallest, simplest things elude the NWSL.

title game tomorrow at 4:30 Eastern time is on Lifetime TV network. I guess the 47 ESPN channels are all booked for college FB.

If not for the national TV deal that the NWSL signed last off season with Lifetime, there's a decent chance that the league would have folded or shrunk to as few as 6 teams. You can't go begrudging them the Title game when they're your only real source of money aside from ticket sales and merch.

I guess if Lifetime was the best deal they could get than that's what they have . I did not realize at first that Lifetime was aimed at women , I remember they showed Goodfellas quite a few times which is certainly not a chick flick.

I guess if Lifetime was the best deal they could get than that's what they have . I did not realize at first that Lifetime was aimed at women , I remember they showed Goodfellas quite a few times which is certainly not a chick flick.

Again, you KEEP confusing this for a healthy professional sports league with actual options. You don't think they'd rather be on ESPN or NBC? Lifetime IS programmed with women as their primary target and is actually a pretty good fit for their demos. From what I've heard the league is happy with their deal and their numbers have been fairly good.

It was not that long ago the NHL was on the same national channel as duck hunting , skeet shooting, and bass fishing right? :) I guess that was their only option at that time.

As did bass fishing ... and I don't see the point of ANY of this. NWSL is damned lucky to have ANY television revenue and I don't think they should be ashamed of anything.

As did bass fishing ... and I don't see the point of ANY of this. NWSL is damned lucky to have ANY television revenue and I don't think they should be ashamed of anything.

NWSL games not on ESPN/Lofetime next year will be streamed on Yahoo. That replaces the abysmal streaming relationship with go90 that failed more often than not this year.

And the point is that it wasn’t so long ago that the NHL had crappy TV coverage too.

And the point is that it wasn’t so long ago that the NHL had crappy TV coverage too.

I get YOUR point. The other one not so much.

And for the record, the various sports that have teamed with Facebook live for video and recaps work great ... at least for me. Yahoo is a hot mess, so hopefully they can get something right for once and give the ladies a helping hand.

I get YOUR point. The other one not so much.

And for the record, the various sports that have teamed with Facebook live for video and recaps work great ... at least for me. Yahoo is a hot mess, so hopefully they can get something right for once and give the ladies a helping hand.

They were on YouTube 2 years ago and go90 until about mid season this year. The finished on ESPN+ which I’m resisting subscribing to.

ho hum yet another Triangle team wins a title, 2-0. oops, the game is just at halftime. I guess it started way late. 2-0 is the halftime score.

And they did win 3-0 , no screw up by me this time. :)

Last edited:
They were on YouTube 2 years ago and go90 until about mid season this year. The finished on ESPN+ which I’m resisting subscribing to.

Yeah ... I finally caved on ESPN+ because it's VASTLY easier than any other option to watch games from the Championship. I tried to stick with the Prem even with Villa being relegated but over time my interest in that league has become more general and my appreciation for the Championship has grown. Less bad matchups, more close games. Totally worth the fee.

ho hum yet another Triangle team wins a title, 2-0. oops, the game is just at halftime. I guess it started way late. 2-0 is the halftime score.

And they did win 3-0 , no screw up by me this time. :)

The Courage ended up winning absolutely everything that was on the table for them this season ... regular season title, playoff championship, and that competition with the Euro clubs. That's what amounts to the treble for the ladies. Awesome achievement ... super fun team to watch.

The Courage ended up winning absolutely everything that was on the table for them this season ... regular season title, playoff championship, and that competition with the Euro clubs. That's what amounts to the treble for the ladies. Awesome achievement ... super fun team to watch.

You’re not really counting the ICC, are you? Great exhibition but nothing more than that, with the Euro clubs in pre-season training. Yes, it’s hardware, but that’s like counting the Community Shield in England.

You’re not really counting the ICC, are you? Great exhibition but nothing more than that, with the Euro clubs in pre-season training. Yes, it’s hardware, but that’s like counting the Community Shield in England.

When there's only three shiny things to win, you count all three shiny things. I guess. I'm including it halfheartedly.

also a bunch of the best Courage players did not play in the ICC so they were also at a disadvantage.

Since they were denied a home playoff game this year they should host the title game next year regardless of the stadium size. But that is not likely to happen unless as I suggested they play in the panthers stadium and that is a longshot. Too bad all 3 local college FB stadiums have fields that are too small.

Can they add 10k temp seats to Wake Med stadium? I thought it was designed for that .

Last edited:
Back