• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

It's that time of the year: Christmas

Wild Thing

What are some of your favorite Christmas Movies?

Here are a few of mine.

1. Elf
2. A Christmas Story
3. Scrooge 1951(Alastair Sim)
4. The Santa Clause
5. The Nightmare Before Christmas

1. A Christmas Story
2. Christmas Vacation
3. Elf
4. Scrooged
5. Rudolf The Rednosed Reindeer

Movies
1. A Christmas Story
2. Elf
3. Christmas Vacation
4. Home Alone
5. The Polar Express

TV Specials
1. A Charlie Brown Christmas
2. The Grinch That Stole Christmas
3. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
4. Frosty The Snowman
5. Twas The Night Before Christmas

What are some of your favorite Christmas Movies?

Here are a few of mine.

1. Elf
2. A Christmas Story
3. Scrooge 1951(Alastair Sim)
4. The Santa Clause
5. The Nightmare Before Christmas

Believe it or not, I've never seen The Nightmare Before Christmas. Not sure why but it never appealed to me when it can out. I may have to give it a shot.

Here's a nearly dead and gone thread being revived. My favorite Christmas movies?

1. A Christmas Story ("you'll shoot your eye out, kid")
2. Love Actually ("Tell her that you love her. You've got nothing to lose and you'll always regret it if you don't.")
3. Elf (“The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”)
4. Polar Express (great one to watch with the grandkids)
5. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation ("If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be more surprised.")

Also a big fan of the classics "Miracle on 34th Street" and "It's a Wonderful Life", and of course "Home Alone" ("Home Alone 2"? Not so much)

Oh, I should have waited until tomorrow to post this. It would have been exactly five years to the day from the last post in this thread. :ROFLMAO:

Oh, and the young girl who sang "All I Want for Christmas Is You"? Olivia Olson? I MUCH prefer her version of the song to Mariah Carey's version. Mariah over-sings the song (like, in fact, she does with many of them).

Here's a nearly dead and gone thread being revived. My favorite Christmas movies?

1. A Christmas Story ("you'll shoot your eye out, kid")
2. Love Actually ("Tell her that you love her. You've got nothing to lose and you'll always regret it if you don't.")
3. Elf (“The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”)
4. Polar Express (great one to watch with the grandkids)
5. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation ("If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be more surprised.")

Also a big fan of the classics "Miracle on 34th Street" and "It's a Wonderful Life", and of course "Home Alone" ("Home Alone 2"? Not so much)
Oh man... that's a good list. Mine would be...

1. A Christmas Story
2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
3. Elf
4. Scrooged
5. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer

I also really enjoyed Bad Santa and Bad Moms Christmas as far as R rated movies go.

Shout out to Muppets Christmas Carol ... which weirdly enough might just be the best version of the Dickens classic. Michael Caine makes a wonderful Scrooge. Otherwise, we're hip deep in the Rankin/Bass stuff starting next week

Since the thread is Christmas-themed (and it appears we've run out of movie ideas) I'd be interested in any great Christmas music out there, apart from the traditional songs by the traditional people. For instance, even though this is a traditional hymn, the former group The Civil Wars did a version of "O Come O Come Emmanuel" that I really liked.

The Civil Wars were singer-songwriters John Paul White and Joy Williams. He was a country/folk artist, she a folk/Contemporary Christian artist. Some speculate sexual tensions (she was married at the time, and only recently split from her husband); others speculate her faith may have got in the way. But it's never been clearly spelled out why, and that's part of their mystique.

What they DID do, though, was make incredibly gorgeous, heart-felt music together.

Back