• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game 26 | Canadiens vs. Blues | Dec. 6, 2016

Such shit hockey IQ.... 2 players draw over to the boards and leave the lane up the middle. REAL smart.

Like Schwartz spent an hour on his backhand, and he had no other shooting options, but Montoya still couldn't figure out that he would use the backhand

Such shit hockey IQ.... 2 players draw over to the boards and leave the lane up the middle. REAL smart.
You're talking about Therrien's hockey IQ right?

Only the second game they've lost this year when leading after two. Sad state of affairs.

Like I said from the start. Dumb move to start Montoya.

Win games now. You never know what will happen later in the season.

We had our fair share of chances to put some away but still lacking finish

Its not like Allen was sharp, there were rebounds and free pucks around his net all night

Like I said from the start. Dumb move to start Montoya.

Win games now. You never know what will happen later in the season.
Did he lose the game on that last goal? I am seriously asking this because I don't have the game in my area. From the sounds of the other posters here it was a stupid Defense error leaving the lane open.

Did he lose the game on that last goal? I am seriously asking this because I don't have the game in my area. From the sounds of the other posters here it was a stupid Defense error.

On the tying goal he couldn't catch a soft shot from the point. It bounced out of his trapper right onto a Blues stick with a wide open net.

On the first goal he went down way early and Stastny fired a nice shot over his shoulder from a bad angle.

In OT... it's 3 on 3 firewagon hockey... they scored on a breakaway. Don't necessarily blame him for that goal or the loss but Price gives the team a far better chance to win. Period.

On the tying goal he couldn't catch a soft shot from the point. It bounced out of his trapper right onto a Blues stick with a wide open net.

On the first goal he went down way early and Stastny fired a nice shot over his shoulder from a bad angle.

In OT... it's 3 on 3 firewagon hockey... they scored on a breakaway. Don't necessarily blame him for that goal or the loss but Price gives the team a far better chance to win. Period.
It is obvious Price gives the Habs a better chance to win over Montoya. That is why he is the starter and Montoya is the back up. Still the season is a long marathon and not only resting Price from time to time helps in the long run, but it also keeps Montoya fresh as a back up. If a back up just rides the bench and plays every let's say 10 games or so that player will really suck. You think Montoya sucks now try sitting him for 2 weeks without game action and you'll see what sucking is.

It is obvious Price gives the Habs a better chance to win over Montoya. That is why he is the starter and Montoya is the back up. Still the season is a long marathon and not only resting Price from time to time helps in the long run, but it also keeps Montoya fresh as a back up. If a back up just rides the bench and plays every let's say 15 games or so that player will really suck. You think Montoya sucks now try sitting him for 2 weeks without game action and you'll see what sucking is.

14 back to backs and a few games for injuries and illness. Montoya can play 17-20 games. That's enough. If we're in position to give Price a few nights off late in the season then great. You can't get these games back though.

You don't need to reiterate the reasons that some coaches give their starter extra rest. I get it... I disagree but I'm fully aware of the theory.

14 back to backs and a few games for injuries and illness. Montoya can play 17-20 games. That's enough. If we're in position to give Price a few nights off late in the season then great. You can't get these games back though.

You don't need to reiterate the reasons that some coaches give their starter extra rest. I get it... I disagree but I'm fully aware of the theory.
And I am fully aware of yours and I disagree, but that happens. The thing is both you and I are not Coaches so what will be will be when they make there choices on the Goalie.

I need to do some studying now before I call it a night. Goodnight

And I am fully aware of yours and I disagree, but that happens. The thing is both you and I are not Coaches so what will be will be when they make there choices on the Goalie.

And I will continue to disagree with dumb decisions. It's kinda my thing.

Back