• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly - Game #27 - Devils @ Canadiens

I know, but he was still 7th d. I know is small sample of one game but he looked pretty solid.

Actually he beat out Pateryn and Barberio for a spot on the bottom pair. They were slated to be the 7th and 8th defencemen. Redmond was going to be 5-6. But then he got hurt.

Redmond looked very solid honestly, wonder why this guy was healthy scratch up to now, he has a pretty decent speed. Danault's line was very good. We dominated the game and Cory Schneider had an off night also.

He had a broken foot up from camp. He was only healthy the last few games.

Now that he's in the lineup, it will be hard to take him out.

We are complaining about refs sometime, tonight we got lucky, that was 5 minutes for Price and match exclusion.

I had the game recorded so I watched that play back and forth and a few things came to mind;

- I can't be certain that it was mostly Petry who caused Palmieri to slide into Price like I initially thought... his skates sure seemed to collapse as soon as he realized Carey's cushy pads were there to catch him.
- In slow-mo Carey's right knee really did buckle, just the type of thing that could take out a player for 8-weeks... or longer so I can see why he was pissed especially after the 1st goal interference.
- Fiddler comes in to the scrum and nearly steps on Palmieri's head with his skate.
- Then Lovejoy comes flying in like a bat out of hell and he puts his skate right in between the back of Palmieri's legs... very lucky he didn't get a slice to either calf muscle because Lovejoy was falling forward after Price and had no clue where he was placing his feet.
- Petry really was pathetic doing nothing with Palmieri until he saw Carey was a little upset so then he tried to pull Palmieri away from the crease.

I hope Carey is fine on Friday and this isn't the start of him saying he felt a twinge after the game and it snowballs into last year all over again.

Danault has shown that He is much more effective as a third C than DD.

Solid overall effort , total team win.

DD's loss will be our gain for the next 2 months . He won't be on the ice on the PP or getting top 6 minutes doing squat and seeing him fall on his ass all night or losing puck battles .

This is a major gain and it showed tonight .

I had the game recorded so I watched that play back and forth and a few things came to mind;

- I can't be certain that it was mostly Petry who caused Palmieri to slide into Price like I initially thought... his skates sure seemed to collapse as soon as he realized Carey's cushy pads were there to catch him.
- In slow-mo Carey's right knee really did buckle, just the type of thing that could take out a player for 8-weeks... or longer so I can see why he was pissed especially after the 1st goal interference.
- Fiddler comes in to the scrum and nearly steps on Palmieri's head with his skate.
- Then Lovejoy comes flying in like a bat out of hell and he puts his skate right in between the back of Palmieri's legs... very lucky he didn't get a slice to either calf muscle because Lovejoy was falling forward after Price and had no clue where he was placing his feet.
- Petry really was pathetic doing nothing with Palmieri until he saw Carey was a little upset so then he tried to pull Palmieri away from the crease.

I hope Carey is fine on Friday and this isn't the start of him saying he felt a twinge after the game and it snowballs into last year all over again.

My first reaction to seeing Price do that was that he did in fact feel the slightest of tweaks and realized what COULD have happened with that play. Just a guess but definitely the kind of thing that could set somebody off having been through significant injury.

The kidney punches were priceless.....no pun.

We are complaining about refs sometime, tonight we got lucky, that was 5 minutes for Price and match exclusion.

Actually, you can thank Petry for this. Petry, buy pulling Palmieri away from price, made it so that none of his punched hit the head and thus, no 5 minutes and exclusion.

The rules are pretty clear. You can't hit an opponent to this head with your blocker. Price hit his shoulder and body.

Totally different..Watch again. He was pushed by Petry.

Well price doesn't see this so his reaction on the moment is understandable. Other team keep ramming him over and over and now he get check in the knee by a skate. I don't think he took the time to analyse how it happened. He jump went for it and I completely understand that.

Actually, you can thank Petry for this. Petry, buy pulling Palmieri away from price, made it so that none of his punched hit the head and thus, no 5 minutes and exclusion.

The rules are pretty clear. You can't hit an opponent to this head with your blocker. Price hit his shoulder and body.

If Petry played the game a bit harder maybe guys wouldn't be behind him as much as they have been lately....dmen have to start laying the lumber around the crease

The dmen should be the ones sending a message.

the crew on TSN 690 this morning said it best.

if anyone breathed on Roy they would have to deal with Robinson, Chelios, Ludwig or Odelein

Back