• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hockey League Tanking Problem

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
Seems as though there are still people tanking/not playing a full NHL lineup or benching good players in favor of crap... and flat out apathy.

Can we come up with a better solution?

If picks being take away works then do it, I think we did a games played top up before but that won't fix hiding of top players.

Wouldn't strengthening the top up rule do the same thing without relatively arbitrary enforcement issues? Make the top up 1 ppg

Top up should be at whatever your rosters average FPG is...that way benching players has no effect and doesn't penalize actual rebuilding teams.

Top up should be at whatever your rosters average FPG is...that way benching players has no effect and doesn't penalize actual rebuilding teams.

Still allows someone to bury their top players and take a .3 fppg game instead of a .95 no?

Still allows someone to bury their top players and take a .3 fppg game instead of a .95 no?

Yeah I suppose. In reality, I'm not that bothered. I play it straight, always have. If people are going to tank, I'd just kick them out of the league or make them pick last in every round. I hate giving Axl more work because people are *******s.

**** that... that just promotes more apathy. "Doesn't matter if I set my lineup or not." Let's make it hurt to tank/abandon your team.

my question has always been, why police it? If someone wants to cheat, boot them.

I know... but it's hard to find replacement managers every year. There's also a fine line between slipping up a bit and starting to tank.

I think the top up rule needs to be in place and probably tweaked.

I know... but it's hard to find replacement managers every year. There's also a fine line between slipping up a bit and starting to tank.

I think the top up rule needs to be in place and probably tweaked.

Axl topped up last year. Give it more teeth? Sure why not, but cheaters gonna cheat.

If it becomes hard to find replacement managers then why bother replacing? Go down to 19 or 18 teams in the league if needed if we can't find people who want to be active and responsible with the team.

no idea what hp is on about.

Copied this from the chat.

You have 6 players on your bench. We're only supposed to have 5. The extra bench position is meant as a tool to bench a goal if necessary. Not for storing an extra player.

Back