• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Offering two 1st round picks + Thornton + Gibson for a top-tier goaltender / winger

hockeeyyy

I have both 2017 first round rookie picks for H4L and my own. If Thornton interests you, let me know. If that's Gibson instead, let me know. I want the best possible goaltender I can get my hands on.

Well, if you really want an explanation:

* Columbus has a bit of a high PDO at the moment -- they are due for a regression.
* Moreover, their shooting luck isn't really the question -- it's that the goaltending, including Montreal, Chicago, etc., has an extremely high even strength save percentage. They are all likely due for a regression -- however minor / major it may be. This gives me pause.
* Columbus' offense is starting to gel and probably will continue performing at an efficient level at even-strength.
* But again, a lot of their success has been in special teams, and that absurd power-play. How long does that last?
* Bobrovsky's career has been a picture of inconsistency. No one should dispute that. If I trade all those assets, I'd want someone a little more consistent. I turned down a similar goaltender earlier in the season for similar reasons. The team he's playing for is struggling quite a bit right now. The guy was just as befuddled as you were. It isn't personal.

If you were asking for both picks plus Thornton and / or Gibson, I'd say no. Pretty simple.

Back