• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

January 2017 Transfer Thread

He didn't help himself when he pouted after West Brom turned down a bid from Spurs. And Pulis made it worse by burying him in the doghouse. They basically got for him what Spurs offered 18 months ago.

Pulis is as ass. He can be an effective manager but he's a class A douche. That doghouse of his is his only move. It's seriously the only tactic he'll ever employ to "motivate" a player who displeases him.

Guessing we can pretty much right off Hulls chances of staying up then.

Yup. What little consistent fight they've shown has come from Snodgrass, Livermoore and Davies. 2 out of those three sold with nothing coming in to replace them means ... white flag boys. Go ahead and collect the balloon payment.

Snodgrass didn't make a deal with either Boro or Burnley, but he's in London having a medical for West Ham, according to The Guardian. That could also mean an end to the Dimiti Payet saga. He's supposedly agreed personal terms with Marseille, taking a pay cut, but West Ham rejected their latest offer.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/26/robert-snodgrass-west-ham-medical

Patrick van Aanholt is also in London, having a medical at Crystal Palace ahead of move from Sunderland that could be worth as much as £14 million.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38769455

Last edited:
If you believe the English papers, pretty much EVERY player under 30 years old in Celtic's starting 11 will be moving to various EPL or Championship clubs before the window closes. I guess that's what happens when you break a 50 year old club record unbeaten streak. The Bhoys will lose most of those younger guys eventually, but ... probably not all in 2 days' time.

Will the last one out of the KCOM turn out the lights?

James Weir and Alex Bruce have left Hull on loan to Wigan. It's not like Wigan is battling for promotion; they're in the same situation in the Championship as Hull is in the Prem...in the drop zone, 2 points from safety.

A couple of last minute deals:

Branislav Ivanovic leaves Chelsea for Zenit St. Petersburg.

Crystal Palace signed Mamadou Sakho on loan from Liverpool.

Also, Hull brought in a total of 8 players but 6 were on loan. They sent out 8 but only 2 were permanent moves, Livermore and Snodgrass.

Ashley Westwood leaving Aston Villa for Burnley.

For their bench, I suspect. Westwood has been ... let's go with crap ... for whole season.

Villa, for the record, went full insane owner mode over the last few weeks. They shed four or five, brought in a total of EIGHT and pulled off a rare player swap dumping Ayew on Swansea (joining his brother) in return for Neil Taylor.

And then went out and promptly got beat 3-0 by Brentford. Yeah. Good times I tell ya. Good times.

Last edited:
Back