• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game 36 | Canadiens vs. Panthers | Dec. 29, 2016

No cup in 23 years? You're damn right fans expect too much sometimes.
I have accepted fact I will never see us win another as I had my fill before I was 27. Now I just enjoy what I get from them, three or four nights a week from October to May/June where I can forget about life for 3 hours.

Is your life that bad that you need to forget fit a few hours?

Nevermind, you're married, I fully understand.

Last edited:
The day I'm willing to accept that I'll never see the Habs win another Cup is the day I stop watching them play altogether. What would be the point?

I have accepted fact I will never see us win another as I had my fill before I was 27. Now I just enjoy what I get from them, three or four nights a week from October to May/June where I can forget about life for 3 hours.

You're sitting on a 7 cup lead over the Canucks and Leafs. You should be fine. Provided you don't live much over 100.

I was 6 in 93. I vaguely remember it.

Fact is there are 29 other teams now and soon to be 30 and 31.

This nhl thing is only going to get harder.

You religiously watched the Expires knowing they would never win.

I knew no such thing until after the post-1994 fire sale. Then I stopped watching. I went to see them play in Seattle back in 2003 just to see them live one last time and aside from the Mute I couldn't recognize anyone on the roster. The only time I actually watched more than an inning between 1995 and their relocation was the last home game when I tuned in just in time for the 7th inning stretch. Then I watched the final three innings like I was at a funeral.

Back