• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016-17 FA Cup Thread

Quarterfinals. Daylight Savings Time starts in the US on Saturday night.

Saturday:
Middlesbrough v. Man City 7:30/12:30 Fox Sports 1
Arsenal v. Lincoln City 12:30/17:30 Fox Sports 2

Sunday:
Spurs v. Millwall 10:00/14:00 Fox Sports 1

Monday:
Chelsea v. Man U 3:45/19:45 Fox Sports 1

Arsenal 5-0 Lincoln City

Arsenal only led 1-0 at the half and had some nervy moments, but finally sent Cinderella home.

Spurs 6-0 Millwall

Potential bad nes for Spurs though, as Harry Kane went off after 10 minutes with an apparent ankle injury.

The semis at Wembly will be an all Premier League affair, with 4 big clubs. Cinderella need not apply. Spurs have gone the longest without winning, their last Cup was 1991. Of the remaining teams, Man City has won the fewest with 5.

When I was checking the FA website to see when the semifinal draw was, I ran across a trial rule change that is effective for the quarterfinals on. Any match in the 6th round, semi-final or final that goes to extra time allows for a 4th sub to be used. The International Football Association Board is running a 2 year trial.
Now you mention it I do remember some talk about that over the summer.

Chelsea throwing the towel in on the FA Cup here in a Wembley Semi-Final?

No Costa or Hazard in the starting line-up but both fit enough for the bench.

Arsenal get to their 20th final, breaking a tie with Man U. An Arsenal win will give them 13, breaking the tie with Man U and hopefully sending Wenger into retirement. Chelsea are in their 12th final, a win will move them into a tie for 3rd with Spurs, with 8.

Don't forget ... FA Cup Final is this Saturday. Arsenal versus Chelsea at 12:30 EST in the States.

Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea

Arsenal win their 13th FA Cup and Wenger wins his 7th, both records. Chelsea played with 10 men for the last 22 minutes after Victor Moses was sent off on his 2nd yellow.

Perhaps Wenger can leave now, with a trophy in hand.

So... sixth place United get the double, lame Arsenal win the FA cup, league champions Chelsea mail it in in the Cup, and the side with the best season statistically winds up with jack squat.

Spursiness lives.

So... sixth place United get the double, lame Arsenal win the FA cup, league champions Chelsea mail it in in the Cup, and the side with the best season statistically winds up with jack squat.

Spursiness lives.

The whole season had the air of a damp sponge about it. Aside from Chelsea's rather magisterial ride to the title, of course. That was in fact impressive. Everything else about this season just sort of puttered along with minimum fanfare or fireworks.

Back