• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Jan 23 / TSN: Burkes @ ExBurkes

Yeah...but more, and better players. Gauthier finding a bit of a mean streak would be nice.

doubt he develops a mean sreak, but he does play a big man's game. there was a play in the first where he had a puck in his skates at the leafs' blueline under pressure and he sneakily mauled a flames player who tried to hit him.

i'll take it.

doubt he develops a mean sreak, but he does play a big man's game. there was a play in the first where he had a puck in his skates at the leafs' blueline under pressure and he sneakily mauled a flames player who tried to hit him.

i'll take it.

Yeah, tough/impossible to intimidate or physically dominate is the next best thing to mean. Matthews is kind of the same. Isn't about to lay the boom on anyone, but is really hard to push around.

Me watching an Auston Matthews spinorama

its_beautiful.jpg

He's going to score off one of those sooner or later.

I know it's been a bad game for Calgary....but it seems like every time I watch them I never come away impressed with the skill level of anyone other than Gaudreau. Bennett and Monahan are pretty meh.

I know it's been a bad game for Calgary....but it seems like every time I watch them I never come away impressed with the skill level of anyone other than Gaudreau. Bennett and Monahan are pretty meh.
Monahan's a nice player, but I'm not sure he'll ever be the franchise #1 center they hoped he'd be.

Bennett is really unimpressive, though. Seems pretty clear we got the far better player four picks later in that draft.

gaudreau has some serious skill but you can't really build a team around him. he gets bumped off pucks so easily...
i like monahan - solid 2nd liner, but bennett stinks.

gio is looking old.

Bennett's just upset because he shat the bed in front of probably 30+ of his family & friends.

Back