• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Radulov

There is probably concern about his p.o performance and that is why maybe the long term deal is not yet sealed.

I think he's comfy here....just like Emelin-Markov are very comfy here.

He could get 7 mil easy on the market.....but he'll settle slightly under that number

He seems to like the team and the city. He could get more money elsewhere but why run risk of being a bad situation.

There is probably concern about his p.o performance and that is why maybe the long term deal is not yet sealed.
IMO it has more to do with not being forced to expose an asset for the expansion draft - u can sign UFAs to be after & save the possibility of losing an asset.

$6M cap hit max (if need be) but still no more than 4-yrs

That's about the same as me.

I don't go higher than $6M and I try my best to keep it at 3 years. Will give 4 if I absolutely have to.

More than that, though, thanks but no thanks. I'm in no rush to give term to players in their early 30s.

we probably have to go at least five as some other team will do so. It isn't like we find it easy getting offensive players who want to play in Montreal. Radulov seems to like playing for us.

we probably have to go at least five as some other team will do so. It isn't like we find it easy getting offensive players who want to play in Montreal. Radulov seems to like playing for us.
Time to get the culture going of players taking hometown discounts in exchange for the team trying to field a contender...a deep run in these playoffs could go a long ways towards achieving that goal

Back