• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Claude Julien is new coach of the Habs

MB for the first time felt the danger for his own job as well. Habs get the best coach available who happens to speak French as well. Not sure Claude could have been available this summer with numbers of teams who are seeking for new head coach. Now the question is will assistants keep their jobs?!

No sure Therrien would have been fired had Julien not been available. Hard to pass up on the opportunity to hire potentially the perfect candidate for this team.
Yeah, I doubt he would have been fired too. Julien also wouldn't have lasted to the summer. It was now or never for Bergevin.

Should have waited another day.

>>>It’s probably worth noting the last time Therrien was fired, he was the head coach in Pittsburgh. Pens GM Ray Shero turfed him on Feb. 15, 2009 — almost eight years to the day — and replaced Therrien with Dan Bylsma.

Bylsma, of course, led the club to the Stanley Cup months later.

Andrei Markov and Tomas Plekanec are the only 2 dudes from the last Julien era

H4L make one with Frankie Gagnon, who is the happiest guy today, he sees his buddy coaching Habs again. lol

What a great Valentine's Day gift!!!

Honestly, I don't think Therrien is as bad as we (include me, specifically when I'm drunk) made him out to be, but he was way past his due date. But Julien obviously has the better track record.

At least April and May evenings should be booked this spring.

capt00ca3d5f0af6425593c8e9aa79deecd4bruins_penguins_hockey_pagp106.jpg

I hated Dauterive the first time he was our coached (RC part deux) but it is arguable now we have the best HC in the division. Can't complain.

I never enjoy a guy getting fired but it had to happen.

I wonder how happy Price is right now?

Also, I wonder what was said in that meeting with Bergevin last week? Who was in that meeting again? Was it Price, Pacioretty and Weber or Plekanec?

Should have waited another day.

>>>It’s probably worth noting the last time Therrien was fired, he was the head coach in Pittsburgh. Pens GM Ray Shero turfed him on Feb. 15, 2009 — almost eight years to the day — and replaced Therrien with Dan Bylsma.

Bylsma, of course, led the club to the Stanley Cup months later.
Remember what happened that session for them too.

Back