• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Replacement for KB

Deckie007

I have come up empty looking for a new manager for KB's team. We're up against it at this point, about a week to go until protected lists are due. So anyone have any candidates? I'm considering contraction. We seem to have a tough time hanging on to owners. What does everyone think?

Last edited:
I'm OK with contracting to 18 teams... but because teams have already been trading draft picks, I don't think it would be fair to just throw KB's roster into the free agent pool.

I would suggest a separate draft in opposite order of how we finished last year.

I vote for contraction. I'd rather have 1 less team if it means a higher % of active owners, vs. trying to fill and losing again.

His team isn't unbelievable, so I don't see a huge issue...

I agree re: the separate draft as well. Maybe a snake draft based on a lottery?

can I have first pick since I lost JF? (figured I'd ask...)

can Montana have last pick since his team is insane? lol

I'm OK with contracting to 18 teams... but because teams have already been trading draft picks, I don't think it would be fair to just throw KB's roster into the free agent pool.

I would suggest a separate draft in opposite order of how we finished last year.

Well that would double up on the benefit to the lower ranked teams. I'd definitely say that the players should just be put into the draft. This way would just spread out the benefit.

I agree with Todd. Although it would be hugely beneficial for me with 4 1st round picks, the value of those picks change so dramatically that I don't think it would be fair to everyone who has traded them.

I think a draft in the opposite order of last year's standings would work or a weighted lottery based on standings.

Well that would double up on the benefit to the lower ranked teams. I'd definitely say that the players should just be put into the draft. This way would just spread out the benefit.

True that, HP. That perspective never entered my train of thought, but you make a valid point.

On the other hand... since this is a completely unexpected situation that has nothing to do with last years standings maybe we should just do a completely random draft order for the dispersal draft. Then do 2 rounds and let the remaining players go into the FA pool/draft.

I vote for contraction. I'd rather have 1 less team if it means a higher % of active owners, vs. trying to fill and losing again.

His team isn't unbelievable, so I don't see a huge issue...

Agreed on the contraction point. Quality over quantity is huge.

I'm also on board with contraction and a dispersal draft of some sort, even if it's just one round with the players not selected becoming free agents and eligible for our draft.

There's too much talent on his team to simply throw them into the draft pool, although I agree that contraction makes the most sense.

Honestly, the easiest way to handle it would be to give the couple new owners who we've recruited this year something like 2-3 picks each among KB's team, and then just let everyone else go into the FA pool to be picked by anyone. We could do that instead of our option to let the new teams get their other pre-draft FA choices, and then we don't have to worry as much about what's fair among the rest of the teams, and having Montana end up winning the lotto and getting another stud player.

Or if that's too much to give the new teams, I'd suggest giving them the 1-2 picks in a dispersal draft, and then probably just doing a random draw for everyone else. 1 round of draft is probably enough to get the real valuable talents out.

They own all their own picks (and Montana's 2nd, so sadly enough, Montana is the only person to I guess have benefitted from a deal from KB recently), so no issue just skipping over them in the actual draft.

Contraction and a separate dispersal draft is my vote. Some sort of weighted lottery based on last year's standings.

Contraction and a separate dispersal draft is my vote. Some sort of weighted lottery based on last year's standings.

That's what I'm leaning towards. In order of the standings 1 ball for 1st place and 18 for 18th (technically 19th place I suppose.)

Personally, I wouldn't drop his picks out of the draft — I'd allow them to be selected in the dispersal draft.

Personally, I wouldn't drop his picks out of the draft — I'd allow them to be selected in the dispersal draft.

I really like this idea too.

I still think a separate dispersal draft is the way to go. The weighted lottery idea is interesting but I think it over complicates things. A draft order in reverse of last year's standings is the way to go. There's maybe 5-6 impact type players on KB's roster. On the "lesser than" teams in this league, they aren't going to make THAT much of a difference. This idea is admittedly geared toward creating a little more parity... but what's wrong with that?

There are 6 draft picks, 26 MLB players, and 28 MiLB players... we could do two rounds or even three.

I have no doubt that this is a stupid question, but it is somewhat relevant. Is there a quick way to access last year's standings? I have a general idea of where everyone finished, but I'm not 100% certain.

I have no doubt that this is a stupid question, but it is somewhat relevant. Is there a quick way to access last year's standings? I have a general idea of where everyone finished, but I'm not 100% certain.

Go to "All My Leagues" on Fantrax and go back to last season.

Back