• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Magic Number Thread

Probably but I don't count on tie breakers in my magic number. We pretty much have the tiebreaker on the teams fighting for the wildcard, but when I looked last, it was possible, even if unlikely, that we could lose ROW tiebreaker and head we lose to Islanders I believe and maybe to High Pitch' team.

As a result, I always add one point.

We are fine re Carolina because even if we only got one point and they won every game, we would have more ROW than them, 40-39.

Islanders would have same ROW and I believe they have head to head as beat us 2-1 and our win was the first game there so it is dropped.

High Pitch's team could end up with the same ROW as us if we went say 0-5-2 and they ran the table. Not sure how tiebreaker head to head would go. I believe we are 1-1 with them, and their first win would drop as we play a second game there but would still have us 1-1. Third is goal difference so we could be fine as we are +20 and they are 0 but if we lost seven in a row and they won seven in a row...

Now if we win in regulation tomorrow or OT tomorrow, then I believe what you heard is right as no way any of the teams below us could win a ROW tiebreaker but a win in shootout would not clinch it without the Lightning failing to get a point.

Last edited:
We win division with two more points regardless of how obtained, for us or lost by Leafs and Senators.

We have all tiebreakers on Leafs and Senators.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Back