• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Anyone still doubt that Price was in total tank mode under Therrien?

Krustchev

Yes, Rolex, you were right. Happy? That game in Phoenix was a complete joke by Price. The question is why was he so desperate to get MT fired?

I do think that Therrien had a lot of players had lost faith in the system and coach. They were uninspired and their hearts probably weren't in it to the same extent.

If this is true, that says a lot about his character and so called leadership, but i don't buy that at all. The team success right now is more than just Price playing good, the whole defensive unite, forwards buying Julien defensive system and Price playing much better of course.

Last edited:
I don't think that Price purposely tried to lose games in order to get Therrien fired. Quite frankly, he knows and so should we that all it would take to get rid of Therrien would be 1 or 2 phone calls from Price: one to Marc Bergevin and, if that one didn't go well for some reason, one to Geoff Molson.

What I do think happened was that Price's "give a damn" level wasn't overly high. He no longer wanted to play for Therrien and even though he did nothing on purpose to play badly his heart just wasn't in it and it translated into his performance.

I don't think that Price purposely tried to lose games in order to get Therrien fired. Quite frankly, he knows and so should we that all it would take to get rid of Therrien would be 1 or 2 phone calls from Price: one to Marc Bergevin and, if that one didn't go well for some reason, one to Geoff Molson.

What I do think happened was that Price's "give a damn" level wasn't overly high. He no longer wanted to play for Therrien and even though he did nothing on purpose to play badly his heart just wasn't in it and it translated into his performance.

as you and I stated, once Price said something that could in any way be seen as anti-Therrien, it was over. He said it on the Sunday and by Tuesday, Dauterive was the new RC

Bingo.

They "throw" them at times in order to rid themselves of bad cases that are time consuming and don't pay well. You know that happens, don't deny it.

I have never thrown a case to get rid of a client. If I want rid of them, I get rid of them. Throwing a case is for losers.

It's ridiculous. How does it work? Price before each game is asking himself

"hmmm, how many goals do I allow tonight?
Should I leave my blocker side open? I did that last night, so maybe I switch it up.
Can't completely screw up my save%. Contract talks start in the summer"

The entire team, Pacioretty aside, went into a slump. Lost their mojo. Needed a spark. It's not the first time it happens, but no, let's settle on a ridiculous explanation. That's the ticket.

It's ridiculous. How does it work? Price before each game is asking himself

"hmmm, how many goals do I allow tonight?
Should I leave my blocker side open? I did that last night, so maybe I switch it up.
Can't completely screw up my save%. Contract talks start in the summer"

The entire team, Pacioretty aside, went into a slump. Lost their mojo. Needed a spark. It's not the first time it happens, but no, let's settle on a ridiculous explanation. That's the ticket.

I think you took it a little too literally. Lack of focus and concentration in preparing for games carries over into the games. Price lacked focus during the games. It was obvious.

I don't think Price would ever do that.

I think you took it a little too literally. Lack of focus and concentration in preparing for games carries over into the games. Price lacked focus during the games. It was obvious.

I agree with the above but the way you chose to title your thread is straight out of the clickbait fakenews handbook.

I agree with the above but the way you chose to title your thread is straight out of the clickbait fakenews handbook.

Well, when an athlete at Price's level fails to properly prepare for games - and I think he was looking to get MT replaced - that's akin to being in tank mode. I think he realizes that his actions, more than any other player on this team, will impact management decisions.

You meant it literally and now are trying to do a Trumpian ""well I didn't meant it literally".

Tank mode means deliberately losing.

Back