• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Anyone still doubt that Price was in total tank mode under Therrien?

I don't only doubt it but I find absurd to think he intentionally tanked.

I'm with HP.

Is there a subconcious effect? maybe... but an intentional tank? no.

Did the week off for Price, help him with fatigue? Absolutely. I don't know why this effect is ignored.

I don't believe in intentional but clearly his focus wasn't there. He had a two months stretch that was so unlike Price that it does begs the question. Also intriguing is that immediately after the coach change his glove and blocker were suddenly able to stop pucks again.

I don't believe in intentional but clearly his focus wasn't there. He had a two months stretch that was so unlike Price that it does begs the question. Also intriguing is that immediately after the coach change his glove and blocker were suddenly able to stop pucks again.

Julien brought new blockers and gloves with him from Boston.

As WeHave said, "not giving a crap" is the the same thing as "tanking" for an elite athlete like Price. No one here, including Count, will convince me otherwise. Price tanked. We should be thankful to him, BTW.

Yes, Rolex, you were right. Happy? That game in Phoenix was a complete joke by Price. The question is why was he so desperate to get MT fired?
Despite Shaw stating the contrary, there's no doubt in my mind, Price started questioning MT after the CBJ debacle with Montoya & started tuning mental midget out after the SJS shellacking.

Despite Shaw stating the contrary, there's no doubt in my mind, Price started questioning MT after the CBJ debacle with Montoya & started tuning mental midget out after the SJS shellacking.

And by doing so, he did Hab-nation a huge favor. Thank you, Carey.

Julien brought new blockers and gloves with him from Boston.

As WeHave said, "not giving a crap" is the the same thing as "tanking" for an elite athlete like Price. No one here, including Count, will convince me otherwise. Price tanked. We should be thankful to him, BTW.

so open minded of you,,,,, (btw, I never expect to change a stubborn mule's mind)

If you had stated he didn't care, I wouldn't take issue, claiming he was tanking which is the equivalent to deliberately losing is absurd as HP stated.

wouldn't go back as far as Columbus game as he was great after,

Price's 5v5 save percentage under Therrien was top 3 in the league.

Price's 4v5 save percentage under Therrien was 765 from December 1st to the date of firing.

So if we are to take the idea that he tanked... apparently he only tanked when the habs were killing penalties?

Or maybe Julien fixed a shitty penalty kill.

Which one seems more likely?

Price's 5v5 save percentage under Therrien was top 3 in the league.

Price's 4v5 save percentage under Therrien was 765 from December 1st to the date of firing.

So if we are to take the idea that he tanked... apparently he only tanked when the habs were killing penalties?

Or maybe Julien fixed a shitty penalty kill.

Which one seems more likely?

I know you saw some of the inexplicable goals that Price was giving up. His head was not in the game. Nothing to do with the PK.

I do think that Therrien had a lot of players had lost faith in the system and coach. They were uninspired and their hearts probably weren't in it to the same extent.

Yep. In addition.... I think the 5 days of rest helped a lot as well.

I know you saw some of the inexplicable goals that Price was giving up. His head was not in the game. Nothing to do with the PK.

Yes, he wasn't quite as sharp as he could have been. Do i think it was him intentionally letting in goals to get his coach fired? no.

as for the question in the thread

yes I still doubt price was in total tank mode

Yes, he wasn't quite as sharp as he could have been. Do i think it was him intentionally letting in goals to get his coach fired? no.

No one does. But at this level, not having your head in the game for weeks is akin to tanking, at least IMO.

Yep. In addition.... I think the 5 days of rest helped a lot as well.

Price timed it. Like a chess master. He knew he had to tank for a good stretch before the week long break in order to both nudge Bergy and gain maximum results.

What is ridiculous is that anyone thought Price wouldn't return to form. The 5 day break is a factor along with Juliens tweaks.

Back