• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game 68 | Canadiens vs. Flames | Mar 9, 2017

I don't think that Petry is a first pairing guy but he's shown far better than what we're seeing from him lately. That idiotic pirouette as he was backing up when he should have been stepping into his man was a classic Brisebois-esque move. He needs to man up because the talent is there to be a solid second pairing guy.

Davidson playing is a given, question is who sits Emelin or Beaulieu - both are performing pretty bad..

the left side of our D is a disaster, none of those three are bright and screw up more than their fair share of times. Nero needs to get a left Dman along with Sergachev for next year

then think differently. I never harboured any illusions he was great. great d do not get traded for middling picks.

Having a poutine named after him is what made him great but on the ice he looks dumb a lot of the time. I still recall him stepping up during the 2014-2015 playoffs so that is what I will grade him on. If he stinks there then I will sign the "trade Petry" thread that DK creates.

Still right now Emelin is a basketcase; Beaulieu is never going to pan out to anything good and Markov is still getting older. Signing Benn might turn out to be a huge plus for us if our vets don't turn things around.

Having a poutine named after him is what made him great but on the ice he looks dumb a lot of the time. I still recall him stepping up during the 2014-2015 playoffs so that is what I will grade him on. If he stinks there then I will sign the "trade Petry" thread that DK creates.

Still right now Emelin is a basketcase; Beaulieu is never going to pan out to anything good and Markov is still getting older. Signing Benn might turn out to be a huge plus for us if our vets don't turn things around.

Benn has 2 more years to go at 1.1 mil

Someone is going to be lost to vegas. Its going to happen.

That said, if you look around the league, I wouldn't assume that it will be a defenceman. Vegas can only take so many defencemen, and for the majority of teams that will be the best player available. At some point they will need to grab forwards.

I still think they grab plekanec from us.

1) the centres on the market are shit
2) they have to reach the cap floor.
3) they saw the return the coyotes got for Hanzal. They will take Pleks and trade him for a 1st round pick + more picks/prospects at the deadline. Good move to start building their team.

Back