• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pacioretty

As a guy that has lived in Winnipeg for a lot of my life I have always liked them... so I want Laine to be better. I just don't think he is.

I rate the 4 young studs as such...

McDavid
. Danault
Matthews
Eichel
Laine

That's not even a knock on Laine either... it's just amazing how good those young centres are. It's so much tougher a position for a 18, 19, 20 year old especially.

Fixed.

Laine not winning the rookie of the year would be more of a surprise than Matthews not winning it.

Laine is ahead in every category that people use for awards, and he's played quite a few less games.

You guys are selling him short. He's good as ****.

Or you're selling the other guys short.

I for one think that Laine is amazing. Best winger to come along since Ovechkin and will be in the argument for best player in the world not named McDavid or Crosby for the the next 15 years.

And yeah, if everything continues the way it's going Laine likely wins the Calder. It's a very point driven award.

And yeah, if everything continues the way it's going Laine likely wins the Calder. It's a very point driven award.

Ovechkin won the Calder.

Doesn't change the fact that Crosby is and was the better player (but got less points that year).

Laine could win every award, including the Norris, Vezina and Adams, and still no sane team would draft him ahead Matthews.

I don't think Laine is a slam dunk, if Leafs make the playoffs then maybe Matthews wins. Also Laine's linemates have been way better than Matthews.

Back