• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pacioretty

hairnova

News Breaker
Needs seven goals in the final 13 games of the season to hit 40 for the first time in his career.

Will he do it?

The decline of Ovechkin has been sad to watch.

Why? He was always an overrated cherry-picker. Anyone can goal suck their way to a scoring title, especially now that the two line pass is legal. But there's a reason why Ovi's teams always underachieve in the playoffs. He's not a team player. He's just a good guy to have on your fantasy team. He gets points but he doesn't win Cups.

Why? He was always an overrated cherry-picker. Anyone can goal suck their way to a scoring title, especially now that the two line pass is legal. But there's a reason why Ovi's teams always underachieve in the playoffs. He's not a team player. He's just a good guy to have on your fantasy team. He gets points but he doesn't win Cups.

It's the death of a good sporting rivalry. Crosby versus Ovechkin.

Two superstars always near the top of the league in points and goals.

Now Crosby is still being Crosby, but Ovechkin is playing at a Wayne Simmonds level. The only peer player to Crosby is McDavid, for however long Crosby can keep up that level of play. And they only play twice a year. The Crosby Ovechkin duels of the past were things of beauty, and I will miss them personally.

I don't see any great rivals coming out of the group of young stars we have. McDavid is better than all of them. Matthews is second best, and I don't think anyone is close to him. Then their is Eichel way down in third.

It is a team league, but you must admit that the Pens Caps rivalry was more of a Crosby Ovechkin rivalry.

That's because aside from Crosby and Ovechkin nobody really gives a shit about the Pens or Caps.

At any rate, it's not much of a rivalry. Crosby has come out on top in any game between the two clubs that mattered.

McDavid vs Matthews will be the new rivalry ...

McDavid is so much better than Matthews that it wont make for a interesting rivalry. That and the fact they play twice a year.

Two near equal talents in the same division makes for the best rivalries and that dynamic has just died with Ovechkins play falling off a cliff.

Back