• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs @ Panthers, TSN4 7:30

looking at some replays, i'm sure the defense was poor but the goalies have to make some saves.
No, while I don't think Andersen was great tonight he wasn't even close to the reason why we lost. Classic example of 'leaving your goalie out to dry' tonight

I dunno. first goal should never have got across the crease. 3rd (?) goal was a wrister from the blueline.

So walking out of the BBT panther fans were yelling go back to Canada to Leaf Fans. I had to chime in that they'd have to in order to watch playoff hockey. Then a bunch of leaf fans started chanting playoffs. It was pretty funny.

Are we really the youngest team in the league? I thought I seen a stat on TSN or maybe HNIC that said we were more like 6 or 7

Very hard to win when your goalie gives up 3 goals on the first 8 shots. Freddy was due for a stinker. Let's hope it's just one game. He seems to go in stretches though, so this is worrisome.

Friggin' hate these kinds of games.. but they happen.

Seems so odd that it was publicly broadcast that the coach gave them a day off to enjoy the sun, and then cancelled the morning skate.

Are we to assume that Babcock was looking at this as a throwaway game? Because that's how you set your team up for a disappointing start.

Tampa game is now very important. Instead of being able to create a 3+ point gap between us and them with a win, they can create a 3 point gap with a win. That would be real tough to overcome with 13 games left. Its tough to finish 2 wins better than a good team, playing well in such a small sample size.

It will likely end up being the biggest game of the year.

This happens pretty well every winter when this team goes through the Panthers and Lightning...a day or two in the sun during winter and you start to feel like it's a holiday; hard to get going after that.

This would piss off the team, but they would have been better off flying in game day.

I think McElhinney and Boyle have raised the age significantly, so we're no longer the youngest.

Friggin' hate these kinds of games.. but they happen.

Seems so odd that it was publicly broadcast that the coach gave them a day off to enjoy the sun, and then cancelled the morning skate.

Are we to assume that Babcock was looking at this as a throwaway game? Because that's how you set your team up for a disappointing start.
Heh, so I was right, South Beach effect. It'll kill ya.

Back