• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game 70 | Blackhawks vs. Canadiens | Mar. 14, 2017

we had a chance to get a gem in TJ but we took another d... albeit a blue chip d prospect, but we passed on getting a blue chip center .. mindset

Our need for our stud D of the future is greater than our C need with our aging , slow back end . God bless a deep draft and a injury for us landing him at 9 .

Our need for our stud D of the future is greater than our C need with our aging , slow back end . God bless a deep draft and a injury for us landing him at 9 .

Sorry I must of missed that number 1 blue chip center prospect in our pipeline, refresh my memory on who he is..

Sorry I must of missed that number 1 blue chip center prospect in our pipeline, refresh my memory on who he is..

Half our D are beer league or bottom 6 , Petry has been average at best , Weber is 31 and playing with a slug most of the season , 79 has 1 foot in retirement , and we have no efficient puck mover .

At least we have an adequate 1C , Dano is a solid 3 , and dickrash is what he is . In a perfect world we needed picks 9 and 10 .

Blame pipes and company for missing Coyle and Kuznetzov in 2010 , our 2C was there .

I still would have picked the center. We seem to have an easier time finding D than centers. Time will tell. That being said, Jost doesn't really seem to be lighting it up in North Dakota. Just going by stats it seems like a solid season but nothing spectacular, similar to Sergachev I guess.

I still would have picked the center. We seem to have an easier time finding D than centers. Time will tell. That being said, Jost doesn't really seem to be lighting it up in North Dakota. Just going by stats it seems like a solid season but nothing spectacular, similar to Sergachev I guess.

Freshman year and he was 2nd in scoring on his team; he is also been named to the all NCHC all rookie team for 2017.. he had a pretty good year..

Freshman year and he was 2nd in scoring on his team; he is also been named to the all NCHC all rookie team for 2017.. he had a pretty good year..

That's why I said a solid season, but not quite forecasting a futur 1C in the NHL. Maybe a good 2nd C?

IMO there's a higher probability of a forward reaching peak offensive projection than a Dman fulfilling theirs. Goalies & Dman have too many more variables that can "hinder" development projections mainly due to the level of detail involved in achieving success at those positions, whereas a forward is far less detailed - given a C is much more so than a winger

Funny coming from a goalie. Most would prefer competency in front of them.

true, and I do, if i haven't watched the kid (tj) play over the past few years I probably be fine with our pick (which i am ok), TJ is what we need.

IMO there's a higher probability of a forward reaching peak offensive projection than a Dman fulfilling theirs. Goalies & Dman have too many more variables that can "hinder" development projections mainly due to the level of detail involved in achieving success at those positions, whereas a forward is far less detailed - given a C is much more so than a winger

I expect MS to be a stud top pair D in a few years . Even my scout buddy says VCR fked up royally bypassing him . You dont see 225 pound horses move like that , the elite skills are there juts needs maturation and work on D positioning .

I expect MS to be a stud top pair D in a few years . Even my scout buddy says VCR fked up royally bypassing him . You dont see 225 pound horses move like that , the elite skills are there juts needs maturation and work on D positioning .
I hope he does materialize into a top pair stud, but from what little I saw of an 18-yr old albeit in exhibition season & a handful of OHL games, he is clueless about Dzone positioning which signals to me he's not naturally gifted with Dzone IQ but doesn't mean he can't/won't learn, and an extremely small sample size to extrapolate any type of conclusion from.

if 6, 79 and 26 were 27 years of age I would of chosen Jost .

I hope he does materialize into a top pair stud, but from what little I saw of an 18-yr old albeit in exhibition season & a handful of OHL games, he is clueless about Dzone positioning which signals to me he's not naturally gifted with Dzone IQ but doesn't mean he can't/won't learn, and an extremely small sample size to extrapolate any type of conclusion from.

We need to replace JJ with a better d-man coach just to make sure that Sergy develops optimally. Can't spare anything for his development. The D for the next decade will be centered around him.

ya a lot of time these centres become wingers in the NHL

Back