Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: GDT: Game 70 | Blackhawks vs. Canadiens | Mar. 14, 2017

Legend

Default Re: GDT: Game 70 | Blackhawks vs. Canadiens | Mar. 14, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by legoalie View Post
    we had a chance to get a gem in TJ but we took another d... albeit a blue chip d prospect, but we passed on getting a blue chip center .. mindset
    Our need for our stud D of the future is greater than our C need with our aging , slow back end . God bless a deep draft and a injury for us landing him at 9 .

Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    Our need for our stud D of the future is greater than our C need with our aging , slow back end . God bless a deep draft and a injury for us landing him at 9 .
    Sorry I must of missed that number 1 blue chip center prospect in our pipeline, refresh my memory on who he is..

Legend

Sorry I must of missed that number 1 blue chip center prospect in our pipeline, refresh my memory on who he is..
    Half our D are beer league or bottom 6 , Petry has been average at best , Weber is 31 and playing with a slug most of the season , 79 has 1 foot in retirement , and we have no efficient puck mover .

At least we have an adequate 1C , Dano is a solid 3 , and dickrash is what he is . In a perfect world we needed picks 9 and 10 .

Blame pipes and company for missing Coyle and Kuznetzov in 2010 , our 2C was there .

I still would have picked the center. We seem to have an easier time finding D than centers. Time will tell. That being said, Jost doesn't really seem to be lighting it up in North Dakota. Just going by stats it seems like a solid season but nothing spectacular, similar to Sergachev I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    I still would have picked the center. We seem to have an easier time finding D than centers. Time will tell. That being said, Jost doesn't really seem to be lighting it up in North Dakota. Just going by stats it seems like a solid season but nothing spectacular, similar to Sergachev I guess.
    Freshman year and he was 2nd in scoring on his team; he is also been named to the all NCHC all rookie team for 2017.. he had a pretty good year..

Freshman year and he was 2nd in scoring on his team; he is also been named to the all NCHC all rookie team for 2017.. he had a pretty good year..
    That's why I said a solid season, but not quite forecasting a futur 1C in the NHL. Maybe a good 2nd C?

That's why I said a solid season, but not quite forecasting a futur 1C in the NHL. Maybe a good 2nd C?
    I think he will be a number 1 and a very good one... we will wish we picked him..

Yeah, time will tell. Hopefully Sergachev becomes a stud as well.

Yeah, time will tell. Hopefully Sergachev becomes a stud as well.
    lets hope, I am like you though, I wish we would draft some high skill forwards instead of studs on D

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar

Funny coming from a goalie. Most would prefer competency in front of them.
    #FireTherrien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Default GDT: Game 70 | Blackhawks vs. Canadiens | Mar. 14, 2017

IMO there's a higher probability of a forward reaching peak offensive projection than a Dman fulfilling theirs. Goalies & Dman have too many more variables that can "hinder" development projections mainly due to the level of detail involved in achieving success at those positions, whereas a forward is far less detailed - given a C is much more so than a winger

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Funny coming from a goalie. Most would prefer competency in front of them.
    true, and I do, if i haven't watched the kid (tj) play over the past few years I probably be fine with our pick (which i am ok), TJ is what we need.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    IMO there's a higher probability of a forward reaching peak offensive projection than a Dman fulfilling theirs. Goalies & Dman have too many more variables that can "hinder" development projections mainly due to the level of detail involved in achieving success at those positions, whereas a forward is far less detailed - given a C is much more so than a winger
    I expect MS to be a stud top pair D in a few years . Even my scout buddy says VCR fked up royally bypassing him . You dont see 225 pound horses move like that , the elite skills are there juts needs maturation and work on D positioning .

I expect MS to be a stud top pair D in a few years . Even my scout buddy says VCR fked up royally bypassing him . You dont see 225 pound horses move like that , the elite skills are there juts needs maturation and work on D positioning .
    I hope he does materialize into a top pair stud, but from what little I saw of an 18-yr old albeit in exhibition season & a handful of OHL games, he is clueless about Dzone positioning which signals to me he's not naturally gifted with Dzone IQ but doesn't mean he can't/won't learn, and an extremely small sample size to extrapolate any type of conclusion from.

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Legend

if 6, 79 and 26 were 27 years of age I would of chosen Jost .

We had 76 instead of 6 at the time of the draft. We could have kept Subban and drafted Jost.

Always take BPA and that was Sergachev.

I hope he does materialize into a top pair stud, but from what little I saw of an 18-yr old albeit in exhibition season & a handful of OHL games, he is clueless about Dzone positioning which signals to me he's not naturally gifted with Dzone IQ but doesn't mean he can't/won't learn, and an extremely small sample size to extrapolate any type of conclusion from.
    We need to replace JJ with a better d-man coach just to make sure that Sergy develops optimally. Can't spare anything for his development. The D for the next decade will be centered around him.

ya a lot of time these centres become wingers in the NHL

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213