• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Isles 3/14 7:00

I'm with ya, if they cracked 6000 they were lucky. And the shootout/OT is in the same bag as the power play to me. They are clear indicators of high end offensive talent, which we haven't had in a while. Pretty straightforward.
No way there were 8707 in the house last night. That's about 600 short of every other seat filled. Not even close. Probably wasn't even every third seat, which would make it around 6000 or less.

Even if the game winner was Cam's fault, certainly the first goal was not, and the second arguably wasn't either. Simple fact is, the Canes have consistently been awful in OT/SO for years. You can hardly blame it all on goaltending.

We sat in section 111 last night. There were probably 10 other people in that entire section. I was probably the only one foolish enough to buy resale tickets....there were plenty of them in that section when I purchased mine and I didn't see any indication that any of the other resale tickets were purchased. Thursday is the return of Eric Staal, but its also the first day/night of the NCAA tourney. That one might end up with more tickets sold than the 8707 for last night, but it might have even less fannies in the seats.

We had just barely over 8k paid in a game earlier this season I believe.

Yeah true. Plus side is that he's already acclimated to NA rinks. Mind you, Aho didn't seem to have too much issue adjusting.

My hope is, and I have said it before - that something comes available and we can make a package deal that makes sense in a financial and personnel way. I think realistically, we should be good to build a team with 4 core defenseman (Faulk, Slavin, Pesce and Hanifin) and you sign a vet or two and audition the 6th spot. That being said, we have a lot of defenders in the system, picks coming up in this next draft. I would rather the team make a play for a semi-established center, along the lines of what has been mentioned before. So that leaves also this drafts pick in play. All we need to find is a a team interested in any of Carrick, Fleury, Bean and our #1 pick. Not all of them...

Yeah true. Plus side is that he's already acclimated to NA rinks. Mind you, Aho didn't seem to have too much issue adjusting.

My hope is, and I have said it before - that something comes available and we can make a package deal that makes sense in a financial and personnel way. I think realistically, we should be good to build a team with 4 core defenseman (Faulk, Slavin, Pesce and Hanifin) and you sign a vet or two and audition the 6th spot. That being said, we have a lot of defenders in the system, picks coming up in this next draft. I would rather the team make a play for a semi-established center, along the lines of what has been mentioned before. So that leaves also this drafts pick in play. All we need to find is a a team interested in any of Carrick, Fleury, Bean and our #1 pick. Not all of them...

Unless there is more money to spend there is no way out of this hole that involves signing a vet or two and obtaining a semi-established center, because that center needs to be a #1, or at least a solid #2, and those guys cost money and we don't have money.

If/when there is money, RF is in a very good position with lots of young assets, and lots of draft picks and lots of cap space. Until there is money, the only route to improvement is to continue to draft and develop young players. Without money, that gets very ugly too in a few years when we can't afford to keep the guys who start winning.

I heard on the radio a day or two ago that Maurice was probably not going to be behind the bench in Winnipeg next season. But he's survived worse....

I'm with ya, if they cracked 6000 they were lucky. And the shootout/OT is in the same bag as the power play to me. They are clear indicators of high end offensive talent, which we haven't had in a while. Pretty straightforward.

Still nowhere near as low as that Calgary game back in the first season in Raleigh. There were MAYBE 2,500 people in the house on an announced attendance of like 5,700 for that long forgotten nightmare. Thanks for dredging up those memories, BTW.

I heard on the radio a day or two ago that Maurice was probably not going to be behind the bench in Winnipeg next season. But he's survived worse....

Interesting, because reportedly Maurice had asked to delay his contract negotiations until the off season and the stuff I was hearing on radio was that he would likely be renewed, not that he should...He had better players in Winnipeg-- goaltending not so much-- and he still couldn't get out of his way.

Glad to be of service. ;)
Still nowhere near as low as that Calgary game back in the first season in Raleigh. There were MAYBE 2,500 people in the house on an announced attendance of like 5,700 for that long forgotten nightmare. Thanks for dredging up those memories, BTW.

Back