• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

WED MAR22 TOR @ CBJ SN 7:00

zeke

Another big game that i feel good about.

Sounds like Sosh is out, Fehr is in....and Leivo may be in too.

Kristen Shilton‏ @kristen_shilton 5m5 minutes ago

Bozak and Marner will play tonight. Soshnikov got a little banged up at the end of Boston game, so Fehr will get in on fourth line.

Don't see why in the hell Lievo doesn't get in over Fehr.

Don't see why in the hell Lievo doesn't get in over Fehr.

I guess I can suss out Babcock's logic here. He's been using Boyle's line as a defensive unit, so I can see why he might prefer Fehr for that role. But at the same time...why not just bump Hyman down to that line, and insert Leivo on Matthews' left side? Don't really get the reluctance to do that.

The one game leivo played over sosh on the fourth line, the line was slow and plodding and didn't look as good as it has with sosh. It was only a one game sample so I'm not sure how much means but I'm sure this is Babcock's thinking here. Not that fehr is some speedster or anything..

I guess I can suss out Babcock's logic here. He's been using Boyle's line as a defensive unit, so I can see why he might prefer Fehr for that role. But at the same time...why not just bump Hyman down to that line, and insert Leivo on Matthews' left side? Don't really get the reluctance to do that.

What is this crazy talk? If there was a higher line to promote him to, that's where Hyman would go.

what's weird is that leivo was on the kadri line in practice and brown in place of marner on the bozak line.

Hoping for a regulation win tonight and lets hope Tampa takes out Boston in regulation. Likely not getting Bobo from the Jackets tonight either. Big opportunity knocking once again

Hoping for a regulation win tonight and lets hope Tampa takes out Boston in regulation. Likely not getting Bobo from the Jackets tonight either. Big opportunity knocking once again

Korpisalo is a decent goaltender. Won't be an easy task

Makes more sense to give him the Devils no?
Yep. This isn't exactly the right time to get sentimental and give our backup a game against his old team. Not when that team is one of the best teams in the league, we're in the thick of a playoff battle, and we've got a game the following night against one of the worst teams in the league.

Besides, McElhinney already got a chance to start against the Jackets for us in February, and it didn't go so well---we lost 5-2.

mcElhinney will play 3 more games - the 3 backends of the back to backs left.
Not necessarily. One of the back-to-backs we have left has Buffalo on the front-end, and Washington on the back-end.

Seems like it'd make sense to start McElhinney against Buffalo there.

Not necessarily. One of the back-to-backs we have left has Buffalo on the front-end, and Washington on the back-end.

Seems like it'd make sense to start McElhinney against Buffalo there.

I feel like Babs is pretty stubborn about his goalie usage for whatever reason, and will always play Andy in the front end of a back-to-back. But, I could very well be wrong. We'll know soon enough

Back