• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Red Wings 3/28 7:00

NHL stated yesterday they WILL reveal the protection lists now in advance of the draft results show.

For the record, that's what they've always done in the past. And every so often some player or another will get ticked off about not being protected ... which might be the whole point behind not publishing the list in the first place

For the record, that's what they've always done in the past. And every so often some player or another will get ticked off about not being protected ... which might be the whole point behind not publishing the list in the first place

Great for fans and media to see the lists....sucks for the players but that is life as a professional athlete. It is a business at end of day. I personally can't wait to see the lists and look forward to every media outlets "Top 10" lists of surprises, snubs, etc.

I don't know, it may give a marginal player a chance to start fresh and ensures a paycheck for a year or two. Does Las Vegas have an ahl team yet?

Back