• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Playoff Preparations Begin Now

BKerr

Banned
After officially clinching a playoff spot, the Montreal Canadiens have the next five games to prepare for the post-season. In that time the Habs will need to do a few things, in order to have the best on-ice product. These things include finally giving Carey Price, and other veterans like Andrei Markov and Shea Weber some much needed rest. Another thing the Habs need to analyze is where will Alex Galchenyuk play in the playoffs. As well as will the red-hot third line stay intact come playoff time.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/04/01/montreal-canadiens-playoff-preparations-begin-now/

Question: I heard some pundits talking about the NHL watching carefully how teams that clinch are resting players, why is that even relevant?

I get that they don't want teams selectively helping other teams they prefer to play get in but isn't it up to the individual teams and their trainers as to who needs rest?

I think the NHL doesn't want an NBA situation where a team plays virtually none of their big name players in a game.

That said, I don't know what the league can even do about it if it does happen. Nor do I think they should even do anything about it.

Its not an ideal situation for fans and TV partners, but I don't think the league should tell teams how to run their squad either.

Question: I heard some pundits talking about the NHL watching carefully how teams that clinch are resting players, why is that even relevant?

I get that they don't want teams selectively helping other teams they prefer to play get in but isn't it up to the individual teams and their trainers as to who needs rest?
They probably are worried about the NBA controversy where starters have been sitting. We can't sit players yet as we haven't clinched home ice but it should be our choice. Not like Bettman can say much as we can just say X player is hurt.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

They probably are worried about the NBA controversy where starters have been sitting. We can't sit players yet as we haven't clinched home ice but it should be our choice. Not like Bettman can say much as we can just say X player is hurt.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Huge difference when the NBA teams are so dependent on a few stars who carry a team , sitting Bron , Kyrie , and Love is a black eye for the league . But sitting Max and Weber for a game and one night 79 and Radu isnt that big a deal for ratings or the networks.

We've played multiple seasons without a single star on the most prestigious team in the league, I think they can survive a couple of meaningless games at the end of the season without a few of their stars playing.

We've played multiple seasons without a single star on the most prestigious team in the league, I think they can survive a couple of meaningless games at the end of the season without a few of their stars playing.

sure but if i am a fan and pay 350 for a ticket and the oilers are resting McDavid I am burning the building down

sure but if i am a fan and pay 350 for a ticket and the oilers are resting McDavid I am burning the building down
Like when they charge full price for pre-season games even though there is only 8 NHLers total in the game?

No kidding....people are actually debating whether he's actually hurt.

Let's be honest he's getting rested

We should probably avoid fake news until reports come out.

Bob McKenzie Retweeted
SportsCentre‏Verified account @SportsCentre 54m54 minutes ago
More
UPDATE: @CanadiensMTL announce D Shea Weber (LBI) is out for the next two games, will return to Montreal to meet with doctors #TSNHockey

There is never any type of guarantee for sports events, you never know who might miss the game and what type of spectacle you are going to get.

Yeah I've had my shares of duds, but I've also watched some classics. I think my most memorable game was the 3 goals deficit comeback against the Bruins in the 2002 playoffs when Saku scored the winner.

Back