• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Playoff Preparations Begin Now

There is never any type of guarantee for sports events, you never know who might miss the game and what type of spectacle you are going to get.

true
but there is a difference if a player is hurt or is intentionally left out of the lineup

Yeah I've had my shares of duds, but I've also watched some classics. I think my most memorable game was the 3 goals deficit comeback against the Bruins in the 2002 playoffs when Saku scored the winner.

My most memorable that I attended was easily the Good Friday game in 84 against the Nordiques. It wasn't feeling like one when the Nords were up 2-0 early in the third after all the fights but then the Habs scored 5 in a row and eliminated their provincial rivals.

My biggest regret was deciding not to spend the money to go to Game 7 of the Adams Division Final in 1986 against Hartford. I could have been there to see Claude Lemieux win the series in overtime but settled for watching it on TV instead.

My biggest regret (in hindsight) was turning down a last-second Game 7 ticket (at face value) in Pittsburgh when the Habs eliminated them in 2010, due to superstition. Because I had planned a viewing party at home with fellow Penguins haters and the Habs were 3-0 in the series when I watched the game with people and 0-3 when I watched it alone.

My biggest regret (in hindsight) was turning down a last-second Game 7 ticket (at face value) in Pittsburgh when the Habs eliminated them in 2010, due to superstition. Because I had planned a viewing party at home with fellow Penguins haters and the Habs were 3-0 in the series when I watched the game with people and 0-3 when I watched it alone.
Haha... That's hilarious.

:)

Back