• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bettman screws the fans for unprincipled reason

Question is what happens to players like Ovy who says he will go anyways? Certainly look like the Russians will have a huge advantage with their KHL players but who knows let's see what happens.

I'm actually disapointed.

I enjoyed watching best on best in mid season form plus players want to be there

Better than that garbage that was the world cup...team world and team under 24 what a joke of a format

Really short sighted decision, IMO. Too bad.

I'm not so sure about that, they've been going for the past 5 Olympics, I think they have a pretty good take on the pros and cons of the adventure. I don't think it's all that good for the NHL. They might be more interested if the Olympics were held in NA however.

Even if it's not in NA, you'll get Americans watching something they might not have otherwise, and instead of it being the world's best hockey players, they're going to get Chris DiDomenico and Ben Scrivens. I think that's a missed opportunity personally.

I'm not so sure about that, they've been going for the past 5 Olympics, I think they have a pretty good take on the pros and cons of the adventure. I don't think it's all that good for the NHL. They might be more interested if the Olympics were held in NA however.

I would agree but he intends to go back in 2022 to Beijing.

LOL Why do people act like it isn't 2017? The NHL doesn't need the Olympics to promotes its game. In fact it's the opposite!

When I grew up I could only watch the Habs on Saturdays in French. Now, everyone can watch every game everywhere.

The Olympics are a farce that travel to cities all over the world casting cities into bankruptcy.

LOL Why do people act like it isn't 2017? The NHL doesn't need the Olympics to promotes its game. In fact it's the opposite!

When I grew up I could only watch the Habs on Saturdays in French. Now, everyone can watch every game everywhere.

The Olympics are a farce that travel to cities all over the world casting cities into bankruptcy.

No way Buttman passes on China though, the market is too big. But thats not what the Olympics is all about. If I was on the Olympic committee I would ban Buttman and his NHL from the Beijing Winter Olympics.

No way Buttman passes on China though, the market is too big. But thats not what the Olympics is all about. If I was on the Olympic committee I would ban Buttman and his NHL from the Beijing Winter Olympics.

If I am Bettman I schedule Habs vs Leafs outdoor game on the moon same night as the gold medal game.

The event is bullshit for league scheduling , league shutdown kills momentum and makes the stars more prone to injury. Didnt 31 aggrevate an injury at the games ? No NHL for 3 weeks pissed me off and other than the semi`s or finals couldnt care less watching a bunch of slug games more often than not .

If I am Bettman I schedule Habs vs Leafs outdoor game on the moon same night as the gold medal game.

unless Canada is in the finals ratings will probably fall behind an episode of the Big Bang Theory or some dog competition in the States if the Yanks dont go far

Even if it's not in NA, you'll get Americans watching something they might not have otherwise, and instead of it being the world's best hockey players, they're going to get Chris DiDomenico and Ben Scrivens. I think that's a missed opportunity personally.

Americans don't care unless USA is playing and even then they still don't really care. Only hockey fans truly care and they still prefer to watch their own team instead. They made a poll and 73% of Americans were against taking the 2 weeks break for the Olympics.

They've done it, they've studied it, they don't feel it really benefit the league, the impact is negligible at best and negative at worst. I don't think they got many new hockey fans just because they watched one or two games in 4 years and then decided to start following hockey.

Back