• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

TUE APR04 WSH @ TOR - win the impossible win

This won't be easy. We HAVE beat the Caps in the past though, and the fact the Leafs often play to the level of competition is maybe a good thing for us tonight.

Still, this will be a tough game for us, on the 2nd night of back to back against one of the top teams in the league.

Leafs can clinch a playoff spot tonight

The Maple Leafs (39-24-15) can clinch a playoff spot by defeating the Washington Capitals in regulation or overtime and having the Tampa Bay Lightning lose to the Bruins in any fashion. Or, if the Maple Leafs win in any fashion (shootout included) and the Lightning fall in regulation, the Maple Leafs will reach the postseason for the first time since 2013.

Pretty sure the last time we faced the Caps, the Leafs dominated them for the first two periods and ran up a multi-goal lead, before having one of their old, stupid third period collapses to lose in OT. Now that they've ironed out their problems with the third period and holding leads, it'd be nice to see them finish the job on the Caps tonight.

Would be another great confidence boost heading into the playoffs.

Leafs can clinch a playoff spot tonight
A Leaf OT/SO loss, combined with a Tampa Bay regulation loss would also do the trick.

Tampa's pretty much done, at least as far as catching us goes. And they're in real tough to catch the Sens, too.

giphy.gif

If Tampa loses tonight, even though we clinch a playoff berth (assuming we win), it also puts BOS 1 point above us (temporarily anyways)

I'd still rather

BOS lose
Sens lose
Caps lose

tonight

Us being knocked out of the playoffs by Tampa Bay is almost a mathematical impossibility at this point, considering that Boston and Ottawa are between us and them in the standings, and that Tampa would pretty much have to be perfect the rest of the way with the Leafs getting no points out of their remaining games.

So as much as it'd be nice to officially get that "X" beside our name, the ideal result would be for Tampa to beat Boston in regulation, coupled with us beating the Caps.

I'm going to the game on Thursday, so I'd be pretty happy with Tampa winning against Boston, and us clinching against the Bolts Thurs

Battle of the backups!

Grubauer's been good this year though, FWIW. .924 SV% in 20 games.

Back