• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rangers vs Canadiens - First Round Playoff Thread

Its not just on the rush. Hes getting shots from the slot on plays in the zone. As well as at the front/side of the net. Again watch the video

As a player all you can do is take good shots from good areas. As long as hes doing that it is frustrating to not score but what more can you do?

Its not as simple as saying just score more

how convenient that in close to 10 years, he hasn't managed to do much of this

What exactly has Galchenyuk done? I thought he was supposed to be set free upon being put in at C...then 1st PP unit?
For a management team that's put so much emphasis on hockey IQ, too many of their young players have low hockey sense - Lekhonen being the exception.

Max looked like a ghost talking to reporters yesterday....he looked like he was gonna cry.

Maybe Subban's hockey IQ isn't as great as Weber-Doughty-Keith......but I can't believe that we lay 2 straight eggs (games) with Subban on the bench pulling everyone up

And yes, Weber has been our best player....

What exactly has Galchenyuk done? I thought he was supposed to be set free upon being put in at C...then 1st PP unit?
For a management team that's put so much emphasis on hockey IQ, too many of their young players have low hockey sense.

The Kid is lost. I mean, not only is he not producing, he is directly responsible for Rags first goal. Too bad the NHL doesn't track point produce by the other team resulting of your mistake. Galchenyuk stats would be good to watch, along with other players in the NHL.

Seriously disappointed in the kid. He is a ****ing wreck in his own zone. At one point in OT, he could have just skated to get the puck and get it out, all 3 times in a row, he decided to stay immobile and the rags were then first on the puck. He is a mess. I don't recall seeing a guy this bad in his zone. I don't recall him being that bad before but maybe I just didn't notice it.

Max looked like a ghost talking to reporters yesterday....he looked like he was gonna cry.

Maybe Subban's hockey IQ isn't as great as Weber-Doughty-Keith......but I can't believe that we lay 2 straight eggs (games) with Subban on the bench pulling everyone up

And yes, Weber has been our best player....

I wouldn't be surprised if Max is playing with a dislocated shoulder. I think that first hit in game 1 by Staal (or was it McDonaugh) hurt him. That is the only explanation why he stays so far away from contact and why he can't seem to shoot the puck worth a shit. That shot on his breakaway last night was beer league caliber.

I wouldn't be surprised if Max is playing with a dislocated shoulder. I think that first hit in game 1 by Staal (or was it McDonaugh) hurt him. That is the only explanation why he stays so far away from contact and why he can't seem to shoot the puck worth a shit. That shot on his breakaway last night was beer league caliber.

Is he hurt every postseason?

Or is this just his MO?

If this was a one off, sure, he might be hurt. This happens every year.

The Kid is lost. I mean, not only is he not producing, he is directly responsible for Rags first goal. Too bad the NHL doesn't track point produce by the other team resulting of your mistake. Galchenyuk stats would be good to watch, along with other players in the NHL.

Seriously disappointed in the kid. He is a ****ing wreck in his own zone. At one point in OT, he could have just skated to get the puck and get it out, all 3 times in a row, he decided to stay immobile and the rags were then first on the puck. He is a mess. I don't recall seeing a guy this bad in his zone. I don't recall him being that bad before but maybe I just didn't notice it.
Seriously? Zijanebad made a nice play knocking an aerial pass out of the air and you're blaming Chucky? How about Price not having his paddle down yet again and getting beat five hole?

That first goal was not on Chucky.

Seriously? Zijanebad made a nice play knocking an aerial pass out of the air and you're blaming Chucky? How about Price not having his paddle down yet again and getting beat five hole?

How about beaulieu letting his man beat him inside as well.

HIS. JOB. IS. TO. SCORE. END. OF. STORY.

To the stat nerds max is going a great job.

Lots of sog, his corsi is great, statistically, he's the series MVP right now.

Plebs like you and I want goals but what do we know?

Last edited:

Galchenyuk went for the low pourcentage play and got cought, once again. He had better option but when for a weak saucer pass with low chance of success.

As much as he D lacks any type of depth, time my have come to sit Beaulieu - the stage is just too big for him right now

To the stat nerds max is going a great job.

Lots of sog, his corsi is great, statistically, he's the series MVP right now.

Plebs like you and I want goals but what do we know?
Just score.

The non stats nerds know that if you just wish that youll score... goalies will stop making saves on you.

Thats all you need.

How many shots you take and where you get them from just stats nerds. Trying to score goals. Taking shots from good areas irrelevant. Nothing in the process of how you score a goal matters. Thats just for stats nerds.

If you wish upon a star hard enough. The puck goes in.

The complete lack of effort/motivation is troubling....

I didn't expect this under Julien....he always had the Bruins play hard, win or lose.

We need Price to shot a puck at his head during practice.

The complete lack of effort/motivation is troubling....

I didn't expect this under Julien....he always had the Bruins play hard, win or lose.

We need Price to shot a puck at his head during practice.

Huh? I don't think that's the issue.

Back